bad guests

bad guests

BAD GUESTS!

We had really bad guests in our house and left a huge mess and I was left with a large cleaning bill . They drank all night left the house a total mess! The pizza left in the oven. The house rules stated eating/drinking only in the first floor living room/dinning area/ kitchen not in the bedroom on the 2nd floor. The bedroom was left with beer cans and pizza boxes and blood stains and **bleep** on the sheets and towels.

My christle candle holder was used for ashtray full with disgusting cigarette butt while smoking is totally prohibited in the house rule!!!!

11 Replies 11
Louise1073
Level 6
San Diego, CA

Do you already charge cleaning fee? Some guests are just very rude and assume they can be as messy as they want if they pay a cleaning fee. It’s a risk of the business.

It sounds like they definitely broke house rules by smoking. Some possible options are to charge the guest an extra fee to clean up smoke mess, or try claiming it on AirBnB cover. 

After submitting all the proof pictures, AirBnb asked me if I need their assistance to claim the cleaning fee. I told them I don't want to deal with guests anymore. My purpose to report the case is to prevent it from happening to other hosts.  They told me I can just block the guest after report and I did.

Ok good luck. Glad to hear they offered assistance!!

Thanks.

I haven't see my reviews on the guests 😕 yet.

I hope they provide the honest reviews ....

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shih-Ting0 I assume you have also left an honest review for these guests.

Exactly words written in my last post.  We will need good hosts /guests to stay in this  community to share the value. So the true reviews are very important in my point of view.

In order to make this community better.

Amy2273
Level 2
Abbeville, LA

Ugh , I think I have the first “bad “ guests right now . The couple that rented asked me if his brother can visit . Looked at the camera from work there are 3 couples and a bunch of children . 2 dogs ( only asked for one …. 

Do you have guest rule indicate no party and extra charges for additional guests ?

John6218
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully there's some recourse on Airbnb's side. Were you able to get any resolutions? 

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

after 8 years of hosting, I shrugg off on dirty guests.

they are not a big deal as long as they are not creating holes in your walls ,doors, disturbing the neighbors etc. 

worst ones are the dangerous ones. trust me, you didn’t have the worst. 

As long as the host states the rules, and the guests accept the rules before they make reservations. They will  need to follow the host’s rules. It's simple like that.