becoming a host

becoming a host

Hi,

Any info good and bad on becoming a host.  I have a house in the US and a house in Morocco.

Thank you greatly for any information.

Ms. Bernie ****

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

There is a great deal of information both through the Air BNB  Help Center and through the Host forum, @Bernadette111.  Perhaps you can do a little reading and if you have some specific questions, we can be of more help.

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for your tips and quick response!  I have read the site but reading the site will not tell the 'real deal'.  I noticed you are level 10- what does that mean (see this info is not given on Air BnB website)?  However, becoming connected with the forum does give me more insight/information on becoming a host and what hosts deal with.  Of course the first question is Safety?  How safe is renting to strangers a room in a 4 bedroom house where I live with my two sons and husband?  Have you heard of any incidence of travelers being unsafe?   Are you able to book on a consistence basis or this depends on the location?  Can you make good money that I can live on (would love to retire and work for myself)?  (husband lost job back in 2015 and yet to secure a position (i suspect age, background, etc).   If I have more specific questions I will post later.  

Thank you!

Bernie