being assulted by a guest

Trisha13
Level 1
Leicester, United Kingdom

being assulted by a guest

On christmas eve i was assulted by the mother of my airbnb guest. I went to my property after having 3 phone calls in the space of 1 hour from the guests mother, who was accompanying them on the stay. The mother was abusive and extremely disrespectful and hit me in the face. I have informed the police and they took photographic evidence of my injured face and i have a crime reference number. i have tried to phone airbnb but can get no responce and i cannot find a way, via the site, to contact them and inform them of the attack. 

Any one have any ideas ???

UK property

Thank you.  Trish

3 Replies 3
Sabine42
Level 10
Tucson, AZ

WHOA!

Good for you to call the police and get the incident documented.

United Kingdom              

+44 203 318 1111           

try calling Airbnb again or use Twitter @Airbnbhelp

they need to leave your property ASAP, you might want to consider filing charges, i would.

So sorry this happened to you, good luck!

Second thought: if you can't get ahold of Airbnb, i would cancel the remainder of their stay, flag the profile and explain in All caps in the private feedback to Airbnb about what happened. I would refuse to be penalised for the cancellation as well.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Was she arrested?

Have you booted them out?

David
Louise47
Level 10
Maroochydore, Australia

That is shocking.  No One should be getting assulted while hosting. Make sure you follow this through so no one else has to put up with the guest.  What wa she complaining about to make her go off.  Keep us up to date.