best expense tracking app

Geri2
Level 2
Joshua Tree, CA

best expense tracking app

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for aps to manage my expenses for tax purposes. Any input is appreciated. 

Thanks,

geri

70 Replies 70

I would suggest creating a website - I have been googling this exact request for two days and found nothing 

I'm interested

Joseph317
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

hi there sue .. i'd love to have a look at it.. thanks

I am interested!

I need an dummy version. Is your app  user friendly?

Yes!

Linnea-Or-David0
Level 5
Ochre Beach, Canada

I've been using the app Quickbooks Self-Employed.  It's an app-only lite version perfect for my airbnb.  It even has automatic mileage tracking.  You integrate your bank account with it, take a picture of your applicable receipts and it matches it up with the appropriate transactions.  It's pretty user fiendly.  The only downside is that there is no online or desktop version so when it comes tax time, printing out the reports for the account is not as easy as it should be.  I think I saw that the subscription is on sale right now at like $5/mo CAD.

Linnea

@Linnea-Or-David0    This is a good start but I do not like the price : ) 

Mariluz1
Level 2
Port St. Lucie, FL

Were you able to find a user friendly app?. Any input would be greatly appreciated . 

Carole155
Level 3
Hailey, ID

I use Banktivity.  It works well because it not only tracks income and expenses (and enables you to categorize them), it lets me spit out profit and loss statements and reports at the end of the year for taxes.  I've also never been good at Excel spreadsheets!  😉 

Daniel1992
Level 10
Downingtown, PA

Two options, but I didn't have anything to really keep track of for expenses.

The first is an app called Stride.  I use it for Uber because you can track mileage, but you can track just about everything, and you can enter percentages into it if you use anything for personal use.  At the end of the year, you can send yourself the results, both a full breakdown and a PDF summary, and you can upload them.

If you do your taxes using Turbo Tax, they give complementary access to Quicken Small Business for all your tracking needs.

For tracking my airbnb income/expenses I have my own excel spreadsheet which I developed. 

More information is in my facebook group: facebook.com/groups/yourbnbsolutions/

excel spreadsheetexcel spreadsheet

Ramona23
Level 2
Oakland, CA

I am a Airbnb Superhost and I tried all of the other recommendations, but could not find an App that worked well for my HomeShare expense tracking. So I created one - Ramona the Host (RTH). 

RTH is the only App devevelpoed by a host for hosts. Users can easily add expenses and receipts (take a picture or upload), manage multiple properties, share proeperties with co-hosts and generate reports. Save time and money and make your returns audit ready.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ramona-the-host/id1273540804?mt=8

ramonathehost.com

Sandra1885
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

I can’t seem to download this app

Hi sandra -

Just wondering if you were able to downlaod the Ramona the Host App?