beware! renter using email ann@luxrents.co trying to scam me

Nicole229
Level 1
New York, NY

beware! renter using email ann@luxrents.co trying to scam me

I received this message about a 2-week stay from a new user, Ann, with no verifications, location, or reviews:

"Hi there I am Ann, i am very excited to book your  cool and clean space... Also i have a few essential questions , due my work , because i traveling  most of the time i can't talk over airbnb , can you get back to me with your phone number directly to   : ̣ạ̣ṇ̣ṇ̣@̣̣ḷ̣ụ̣x̣̣ṛ̣ẹ̣ṇ̣ṭ̣ṣ̣.̣̣c̣ọ  without any problems ,so i can call you  or  drop me a message directly :   ̣ạ̣ṇ̣ṇ̣@̣̣ḷ̣ụ̣x̣̣ṛ̣ẹ̣ṇ̣ṭ̣ṣ̣.̣̣c̣ọ I am waiting to hear from you as soon as possible. i would like to book immediately i hope to have a wonderful stay"

Already I knew it was suspicious because the user knew to format the email address in such a way that it would appear to me un-censored. I reversed image searched her family photo and found it on a CHURCH website!! http://www.hcfm.org/en/AboutUs/FamilyResearch.aspx

Likley this is one of those scams where she rents from me, I leave, and then she tries to let it to other people.

Declined and reported this person. If you get the same or similar message, report them immediatly! 

1 Reply 1
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Nicole229

Thanks for the post

Regards

Cormac 

The Explorer's Club Krakow