boost your chance of getting booked email - not eligible shortly after

Laurent491
Level 2
Fort Washington, MD

boost your chance of getting booked email - not eligible shortly after

So I just got an email from airbnb offering me to offer a discount for a coming couple of days (5%) and the deal is that travelers who see my page would see the discount and an email would be sent to a select group of people (!!!?) letting them know about the discount.

When I clicked the button in the email - 10 min after receiving the email - I got an error message saying the promotion is no longer eligible. 

I'm a new host and I would have gladly offered this discount to potential guests but this type of message is very annoying if it is a mistake, a very short (less than 10 min) promotion, or else...

Any feedback from more experienced hosts would be welcome here. 🙂

Thanks

Laurent

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Laurent491  & welcome to ABB CC

Yes I have had that issue arise to and wondered if it is something to do with timezones.

All the best from Auckland, New Zealand

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laurent491  I would be very cautious about clicking on any button or link in an email message- scammers and hackers are quite adept at faking Airbnb stuff. If you get things like that, don't click on the email- you should be able to find that notification in your Inbox or dashboard in your hosting account. And if you're unsure, contact Airbnb to see if it was legitimately from them. I got an email, looked like on official Airbnb logo, from someone I don't know, inviting me to a host meetup- there was an RSVP box to click on. Instead I screenshot it and contacted Airbnb Trust and Safety dept. and they confirmed that it wasn't from them. They assured me that they didn't give out my email address, so I have zero idea how these people got my email address, as it isn't out there for public view.

I had checked it was a legitimate email. I never click on email that seem not legit. 

Laurent491
Level 2
Fort Washington, MD

@Helen427 it could have been the reason as this morning when I visited my calendar, the offer was displayed on the right side of the page and when I applied it, it worked. For the 2 days a special offer 5% tag is displayed. That was interesting.