calendar hold while guest is being verified

Shayda0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

calendar hold while guest is being verified

Hello!

I just looked at my calendar and see that I have a "Pending Verification" during some dates. I never got a notification for this booking inquiry, and it looks like she has those dates being held until her ID is verified. I also can't figure out how to message her about it -I'm guessing that unless a guest messages a host, that a host can't message Airbnb users?

I do not plan to accept the inquiry as my rates have changed and also there will be more guests than I can accomodate for those dates. How do I get rid of this?

Help! Please and thank you 🙂

3 Replies 3
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

I've had that happen before - it's kind of irritating (especially when it's blocking a pre-approved reservation)!

It's held for 24-hours to give the guest time to provide ID or other verification - if they don't follow through, it will just disappear from your calendar. If they pass verification, their original message will come through with the full request.

Unless you urgently need to unblock the nights (like they're this week), you're probably best off waiting for it to clear on it's own. You could try working with Airbnb to force it's removal sooner, but that might be a lot of legwork or hold-time for an issue that will resolve itself within a day.

I have had this happen twice recently. First time Abnb held the reservation pending for 6 days -it did not disappear, even after I contacted them. Second time I was more aware and warned the guest it might take longer and told them to search for me and book direct as abnb told me they were unable to help. They then booked direct and cancelled the reservation. 

Jerry-And-Kathy0
Level 2
Yucca Valley, CA

That does not seem fair. I am missing out on a Saturday night booking. Also the person awaiting verification lives in the same town so I can only guess the booking is not for her or she does not want to destroy her own home. It would be nice if they notified you of this. I stumbled upon it by chance.

ps I love Traverse City! I'm a MI girl in the CA desert.