calendars not synchronizing beyond one year in advance!!

Stefano47
Level 2
Padua, Italy

calendars not synchronizing beyond one year in advance!!

Beware! The AIRBNB calendar does not synchronize beyond one year from present date (neither import nor export)!

This caused me an overbooking problem with a Homeaway reservation that I had to solve with no help from AIRBNB staff: thay say this is not a bug, iti just the way it works!

needless to say that Homeaway, Tripadvisor and Booking calendars DO NOT HAVE ANY SUCH PROBLEM

3 Replies 3

Hello Stefano,

I just had the same problem this week.  How did you resolve it?  If I cancel my new Airbnb booking myself, then I get penalized.   I agree Homeawary/VRBO/Tripadviser all synchronize beyond the current year but not Airbnb.  Hence we need to remember to enter each booking manually ourselves.  This was new to me.

I appreciate your guidance.

Buon Natale,

Isa

Short term, contact Airbnb support and they will be able to cancel the reservation for you with no penalty... especially when you explain that you were surprised by their "bug".

Long term, change your listings to 12-month booking availability and update your listing intros to let guests know that you limit your calendar to 12 months due to an Airbnb bug, but that they should still contact you for 12+ month booking inquiries.  You just won't be able to instant-book these more in-advance guests.

Of course, the real solution is that Airbnb needs to change their import/export to 24 months like every other platform...

Oh, yeah - don't do double-entry... eventually, because it is a manual thing, you will make a mistake.  And Airbnb will be less forgiving if it was your fault and created a double-booking.  With the 12-month booking limit, you won't get double-booked and you can still take guest inquiries.

PS - you have to limit your booking windows on ALL platforms to 12 months.  It isn't just that Airbnb only imports 12 months of data from, say, VRBO - but if you enter the export calendar URL from Airbnb into your VRBO listing, you will only get 12 months of data, there, too!

Or make sure you don't have "instant booking" on more than one platform.  So, my listings on VRBO are inquiry-only, and I can decline a booking request if needed.  Still, not ideal, since I think that "dings" my listing rating, too.  😞