can community members block other (i.e., annoying) community members?

Sammy35
Level 10
Pittsburgh, PA

can community members block other (i.e., annoying) community members?

asking for a friend 🙂

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it
16 Replies 16
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You can ignore anyone who sends a message to you privately.  You will see an arrow by the profile picture and you can choose ignore.  If someone is inappropriate on the public forum, you can report to the moderators who will decide if content policy is being violated.  Hope that helps.

@Linda108 @Emiel1 

thanks folks.  super appreciative.  looked for settings and drew same conclusions, emiel, thanks.  also wondered i blocked their hosting/guesting profile but that would require a report which isn't the way i would want to go about this.  wish wish wish there was a mute function...the scolding disapproving judgey wudgey trolls who seem to like to be unhelpful and obnoxious and poke other hosts for guest behavior that we all either complain about or just don't appreciate should be able to be muted.  i just use my minds eye.  remember sammy, don't feed the trolls.  i hope everyone i never want to see or hear from again read this and sends me a message!!!!!!  

i guess i could tag them hmmmm....🤔🤔

~~~~~~~
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sammy35 

I browsed through all settings, but could not find such option.

Not sure if you block somebody at Airbnb website, also person is blocked on community website.

But blocking (or at least muting) can be usefull option !

added: @Linda108 Thanks !

Best regards,

Emiel

Sammy35
Level 10
Pittsburgh, PA

@Sarah977 i would very much appreciate it if you would mute my posts and not comment or even like comments on them anymore. i already answered you a long long time ago about my profile image and im fine if you dont approve of my practices.  so yeah of course you may do what you like but im advising you that trolling me will get swiftly reported.  and im

making this public because in the public eye we are all accountable.  

~~~~~~~

@Sammy35  Excuse me? - I haven't commented here and have never made any comment about your profile image.

i'll pull the link and thread.  go look if you like.  i never forget a thing. 

~~~~~~~

@Sarah977  you are always welcome to comment on what I say. Particularly if you agree with me. You don't have to if you don't. May be don't if you don't. Ok, fine, just do it.

@Sammy35 ,

I am “ new” in the CC , has pass 6 months in the CC and  definitely understand what is in your mind.

I been wondering the same question as you.
Unfortunately, we can’t block others.
Therefore, just do it and deal with it!  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Sammy35, I think Linda explained things very nicely here—thank you for that @Linda108

It's only normal that there will be a lot of different opinions as you're posting on a public forum after all 😃.  Anyone can reply to posts as long as it is done respectfully (as mentioned in our guidelines).

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

thank you for affirming what linda said.  and i agree with you 100%.  especially the respect part.  

just for the record, when i addressed this long term over time behavior in a message threads it was not honored.  and then again offline in a private message with it was ignored and the trolling did not stop.

'just joking' is a poor poor excuse for all kind of nonsense.  a simple google will tell anyone that.  https://bit.ly/2PPiTWE

opinions are as diverse as people and i'm all for it.  some people are adept and delivering feedback and some people are not.  i see the clique here and that's actually just and fine and dandy too.  but when someone starts trolling me with unsolicited advice, trying to correct another users grammar, punctuation, lowercase with shoulds and needs do this to that (ie lack of respect) to i have to draw the line.  and i did.  what needed to be done to curb the behavior.  and thankfully now, i expect my "friend" won't be hearing from the other "friend" again now, or at least i'm hoping as much.  people that can't honor forum or social media type boundaries after getting feedback on several occasions eventually get accountable.  choose the behavior and choose the consequences.

i admire your tact and greatly appreciate your diplomacy

~~~~~~~
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

The most annoying thing on this board is when people post "for friends" . 

@Paul154  i'm very very truly sorry to that you feel so annoyed

~~~~~~~

@Sammy35  You started an entire new thread to air your grudge about something said elsewhere, and tagged a user to publicly announce that you wished to block them? This is a rather odd way to conduct yourself in a public forum. 

If you don't wish to read or engage with particular people's points of view, you naturally come equipped with a special feature with its own Ignore and Filter settings:  it's called a brain. Unless someone is privately harassing you in the DMs (which you can block) you are always free to scroll past the commentary of those whose opinions don't appeal to you. 

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a rather odd way to conduct yourself in a public forum. 

If you don't wish to read or engage with particular people's points of view, "you naturally come equipped with a special feature with its own Ignore and Filter settings:  it's called a brain." 

you are always free to scroll past the commentary of those whose opinions don't appeal to you. 

please do take some of your own advice!! 🔃 ↕️
you are also free to scroll past when something doesn't appeal to you either and has nothing to do with you and try to insult someone who isn't really interested in your insults.  that's a rather odd way to conduct yourself in a public forum

i addressed the party off line with dignity and respect and when it didn't solve the trolling problem i tried something else that worked and i bet i won't be hearing anymore now.  now she's more accountable and i'm already over it but that's for the feedback just the same.  take heed of your own and call it a day!

~~~~~~~