can i manage my listing from a Carnival cruise?

can i manage my listing from a Carnival cruise?

Hi, all --

We are going on a Carnival cruise and I wonder about accessing the site (whether through the app or as a web site) to manage my listing.  [We'll only be on briefly twice a day, I promise :-]  Has anyone done this to know what service plan works?

Carnival has Social (basically Facebook et al plus airline sites), Value (+ email, finance, weather, etcstc), and Premium (3x faster than Value plus Skype, and maybe more sites) plans.  They also have an on-board 'net cafe with, I think, Value service (but there's the question of crowding, of course).  I don't know if any of them will get here or to my private mail server, though.

Has anyone done this to be able to report how it works?  I'm amazed that I can't find any hits when searching, but apparently everyone else in the world has co-host to take over for a while 🙂

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Hi David!! How did you manage your listening from the cruise last year?

thanks 

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Carlos1456 @David2321 As long as you get internet access when you are on board, you are able to access Airbnb website and mobile app.

I took Carnival cruiselines a few times. They did provide WIFI and internet service. But it costs extra and there is data quota limit as well. 

What service do you have to get - I was planning on the value one.

Hi Mike,

We are about to go on a cruise.  Carnival offers 3 levels of wifi - Social, Value, and Premium. Which did you use? Also, I know you typically need to use airplane mode to avoid international roaming charges but wondering if you are able to access the Airbnb phone app in airplane mode if you have wifi or do you have to manage from email or the actual website? Any idea what the cap was? I couldn't find any info on the Carnival wifi info that stated the data limit. Thanks for your insight.

I don't recall the levels, but we spent the least we could 🙂  We got one login, and it can be used on any device (kicking off whoever else has it at the moment).  It really worked out well, and working just twice a day was smooth.

Brooke375
Level 1
Johnsburg, NY

Joined the conversation so I could hear the answer to this question. Going on a carnival cruise next month and I need to manage my Airbnb. What carnival internet package should I purchase? Thanks