can't view my listing

Liana0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

can't view my listing

I am unable to find my listing when searching in my area. I have seen from other peoples message boards that they have the same issue but is there a way to pay to advertise further up the list? or an easier way for people to find you when looking for a flat in your area?

28 Replies 28

Understood Henry.  But the lists that are being displayed (without my property being included) are not anywhere close to the maximum of 300 or 90 or whatever.  I'm getting lists of 17 properties TOTAL.  OR 8.  OR 4.  And my listing is not being displayed in these extremely short lists where they definitely should appear.  Something's fishy.

Arpi0
Level 1
Yerevan, Armenia

Hi, I am unable to see my listing posted 2 monthes ago. During past 2 monthes I had only 3 views which is really suprising. All the details and pictures and prices are there in details, it seems there is a problem with the listing. I did not get a single message or query.

I have used Airbnb in another country for another listing and it was super active with messages and booking request. I am wondering what is the issue. Contacted Airbnb and they did not get back to me. Is there anyone else who can help to understand the situation and make it work.

Will appreciate if anyone can try to look it up:

1 bedroom apartment in Yerevan, Armenia

City Center/Great View/Luxury Apartment
Minimum stay 10 days 

Thank You
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

My guess is that your 10 night minimum stay is killing you. Try dropping that to two nights and see how things go. Also, look at the preview of your listing. Do you see how it says SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN? That's a turn-off to guests. You might want to just delete that part.

Hi Lisa,

I read through your messages in this thread, and exactly same thing happening! When I login, my listing is the first one to show. When I am logged out, I cant see my listing. I have cleared cache, searched from a different laptop etc but cant find my listing. Did you find the bug?

Eva160
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi there,

Anyone here that can help me find my listing? It doesn't show on the map and nobody looked at my profile for a while. I really would like to rent my place out.

Cheers,

Eva

Yunqi0
Level 2
Richmond Hill, Canada

Hi, I am the new host in Airbnb and I can not find my listing. But it shows "listed".  Is there any problem with my listing? 

Can you link me your listing so I can narrow it down and see if shows up in my searches and browser?

This is my listing link : https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/7130392

I cant find my listing either. Can someone check it for me?  

Aminata4
Level 1
Dakar, Senegal

Hello, i just added a listing for my friend in Dakar Senegal. Chez la Famille  Chambre Privée.  She wont be open until Janyary 2018, but we put it up anyway just to get it going. I'm not sure if it's because we are on my computer to search for it but we can't find it. We have done every filter imaginable,  and on the map she was the only one in that area outside of Dakar.   Any suggestions would be helpful.

The host is Aminata, a registered nurse who works for a girl's education non-profit at the street level and with women's microfinance.     Eventually she wants to create an Airbnb experience and show people her work.  Plus, she works with a private tour operator who can bring people outside of Dakar.  It would be a pity if this future Airbnb experience  were hidden as well. 

Any suggestions are helpful! 

thanks 

Sarah 

@Aminata4 It can take up to 72 hours for a new listing to appear in Airbnb's systems, so if you just published it, give it more time.  Most new listings come up sooner than that but 72 hours would be the maximum amount of time. 

Mary734
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

People can't see my post.  It appears I am ready to go as a host but have had friends do the search and nothing shows.   

Inman Park Atlanta 

private room

$40-$70

Picture is brown board with donuts

When I share it directs people to the general Airbnb website - not my listing.

Cyrus10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

my guess is Airbnb might have a process by which it does not display all the properties available. It likely basis this on what is best of Airbnb as oppose to what is best for the hosts or the customers looking for a place to stay.

It's massively unethical and feels like a bit of a violation of the spirit of airbnb. But i guess there is little or nothing that can be done about it and I'd assume they mention in their endless terms and conditions.

btw the above is just my assumptions not based on any sources or evidence. 

@Cyrus10, it is true that the AirBnB search does not always show all the properties available, but it is not for any nefarious reasons.

If you notice, your search results are always limited to 300 listings. The listings that are not in the "top" 300 do not appear. The sorting of the listings to determine the "top" 300 will vary depending on a number of factors, including the guest's preferences, search filters, and the overall bookability of the listings on the map. Generally speaking, the "top" listings either tend to be the best reviewed, the best priced, or both.

I am not sure if this is "massively unethical", but that's what determines what appears when a guest searches.

Hi Mathew. 

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it might be something like that. 

There can be no doubts that this is a very unethical business practice. When guests search an area for a flat the expect to be shown all the flats in the area that fit their needs. And when a host places an add they expect that someone searching on that exact street would see their property as an option. Neither party expects Airbnb applies their own unpublished filters on the search. The choice should be ours, not Airbnb’s.

Or at least it should be made clear that some of the available properties that suit the guests needs are hidden for some reason.