can we make "additional guest fee" invisible to potential guests?

Hans83
Level 2
California, United States

recently, I got 2 groups, they claimed they only had 4 people, but in fact they had 10, 12. The reason is they saw I charge extra guests fee, so they claimed they had only 4. I am fine with that, but they may forget the terms when they was booking a couple months ago, so I expect everything for 4 people, a small group, but they expect 12 bath towels, for example. And, and I believe, b/c they already told other people they got super good deal, and split the cost, if they pay more, they made faked pics, claimed I had hair in bath tub, had dirty towel, but I could not see their pics.

I don't like the following neg sequence, but if making make "additional guest fee" invisible (or at least, with an option, visible/invisible) to potential guests, they'll not lie, and avoid a lot of problems after they stay.

thank you, Hans

6 Replies 6
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

They can still see that the price changes when they enter more people before they book so it will not help

Hans83
Level 2

normally, they search, say 12 people, then they found it, but saw if over 4, $xx per night per person, then they decrease the # of people. Not the reverse.

they need a place to fit the whole group first.

I don't change # of people when I book, no time to play the game. If they change # of people, and see price difference, then they need a lot of time.

Donnell0
Level 2
Navarre, FL

I had the same issue. Maybe a strict policy should be inforced if failed to have the correct people show up. I had 10 to 12 show up and let them sleep all over the home. Had to wash all my back up sheet sets and used every towel and blah blah but since it was the first time happening to me I let it slide and dealt with it. I requested through the app the extra fee but she said it was too high but would gladly pay something and she paid me back for all the usage. It’s really how you speak to the guest and get them to understand your points.

Hans83
Level 2

most times, they just let 2-4 people to check in, once you left, rest people came in. I have 4/3.5 hotel villa, why 4 people needs 4 bedrooms plus complain sofabeds settings? that's why I know they have 10 or 12.

you will know it in the near future.

the only good thing is, if there is anything wrong, they don't want you come back and see so many people live there, they fix by themselves. save you a trip.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

There is a policy what to do when more people arrive - it's a breach of contract and the host has a right to refure the service. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Hans83
Level 2

I let them do self check in, or most times, they just let 2-4 people to check in, once you left, rest people came in.

and everytime, they just say, XX people here just for visiting, only 4 sleep here.