cancellation stay

Elena3201
Level 1
Bergen, Norway

cancellation stay

Hei, I have 4 guests staying at my place now. The neighbours have been complaning for noise and they called police. Police came during the night and everything has been reported. I would like to cancel the stay even if there are 10 days left. How should I proceed? Do I loose the money? I have of course been in contact with Airbnb without getting any answer.

Thanks for your help!

Elena

@Elena3201 

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Elena3201 

You will always loose money (your listing has the flexible cancellation policy attached) , but do not cancel yourself, because you risk penalties too. So if the guests nor Airbnb does not want to cancel (penalty free), the alternative is: shortening the reservation via "change" option.

Or if the only issue with the guest is making too many noice, have a word with them about best way to end it all or continue the stay..

@Emiel1 thanks for your answer! This is so frustrating! We have of course spoken to the guests and they do not understand why the need to contact the police. Finger crossed for at things will be better the next days

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. Call Airbnb insist they cancel the booking as your guests are partying at your listing resulting in neighbours calling the police @Elena3201 

2. go over to the listing to ensure guests leave and photograph/video any damage - ensure you log a claim for any damages before your next guests check in if you want to claim on the guarantee

3 review your vetting procedures for guests and if you don't have CCTV or similar have it installed so you can monitor your listing to ensure only those who have booked stay so you can head off parties before they start

yes you are likely to lose fees for the remaining stay . Better that than cause further upset to your neighbours 

@Helen3 thanks for your reply! I really hope that it helped talking to these guests 

I can't agree more with u in my opinion Airbnb has to set up an independent complaint body for all hosts and super hosts when their ambassadors are not up the scratch to understand the entire issue in my opinion more training in the language is also very important