cancellations

Lyndz0
Level 2
Charleston, SC

cancellations

Hello everyone

I was on vrbo years ago and rented out my home in FLA with lots of success.

Living in Charleston now I am wanting to rent out the master in the home that I live in.  My problem is this. I posted  my place on this site and had an emergency and had to leave town. In the meantime I did not understand all of the features and that I had no control of when reservations would be made. Two seperate reservations were made by air b and I could not facilitate them so I wrote to the travelers ( which was over 30 days before they would be arriving) and I told them that I could not committ at this time and to please cancel the reservations. Both parties would not do so and they reviewed me as cancelling. I thought how heartless. It was honest.

So now I am ready, put my ad on again , now knowing what I am doing and how this works, but I have these reviews and now no one will contact me. What can I do? Thanks so much! Linda

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Puta few hours aside, read all the information ABB has on its web site and have a look through common issues on this form, last thing you want to do is list without knowing what you are doing.

David

Dropping the price temporarily works wonders until you get enough reviews to bring your listing to market value.  In addition to that, since you cannot explain to potential guests the reason why you cancelled you may just want to clarify on the first lines of your listing that you were not familiar with procedure but you have since reviewed it and are now well informed and it will not happen again...etc...etc...

Best of Luck!

....last thing I want to do is start any sentence with Pu#a.  Personally, I had a good laugh....after the initial shock...lol...just saying.....

Please, don't take this as an offense,  it is only an observation that under the circumstances I would have appreciated myself.

Have a great day Sir!