cancelled reservation is still displayed on my calendar but not on my reservations

Bryan2
Level 2
Perkasie, PA

cancelled reservation is still displayed on my calendar but not on my reservations

I cancelled a reservation for August 28 2016 to September 4 2016.  The reservation shows cancelled in my reservation listing, but it still shows on my calendar.  I am not able to delete it from the calendar AND on the calendar it shows Payout = 0.  How do I get this reservation off my calendar?

4 Replies 4
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Try calling Airbnb and ask them if possible to archive it, I know it irritating to see it all the time. I had a lady cancel on me, and time to time I would check where she stayed and if I measured up. I decided to archive to stop stalking. Get Airbnb to archive it.
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

If you cancelled on a guest, the calendar will remain blocked.  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/how-do-the-cancellation-penalties-work

I don't understand.  I couldn't host the guest for two of the days, but I could for two of the other days, but we just decided to cancel completely.  I still want to list the other two available nights.  How is this so strict?

@Suzanne12, Never ever cancel a booking. For whatever reason YOU cancel, there are penalties. One of them is to have the calendar blocked. 

If you have extenuating circomstances, you can call airbnb and they can decide to cancel without punishing you.

If you feel unsafe with a guest or there are other reasons why the guest is unsuitable, they can cancel on his behalf (even should he not wish to) and in this case, there are no negative results for you.

If you have a common accord in the message thread, call CS, maybe they flip part of the punishment.