channel manager

Susan316
Level 2
Blackpool, United Kingdom

channel manager

Hi does anyone use a channel manager and if so who as we are looking at a way of managing our calendars over several booking sites .

Many thanks in anticipation 

susan and rory

51 Replies 51

Hi,

An update from me after having studied and tested a number of channel manager software solutions. Finally I decided on signing up with Smoobu.

It is probably one of the most simple solutions available but after having made a list of the features I actually need - such as synchronisation, automatic emails etc. - it was easy to choose.

In other words, I stopped paying attention to the many fancy features offered by many other channel managers. The problem choosing a more advanced solution is that the cost naturally goes up, thus you'll be paying for feature you don't really need.

Another benefit of choosing simplicity is that the risk of bugs and system failures is lower.

I use smoobu since about 8 month, and it is a catastrophy. On the first glance it works, but then there are several bugs, the support does not even answer now. In most cases, they say, airbnb is buggy , or the suppport from Airbnb has to do something. So I am catched between hotlines.

I strongly recommend not to use smoobu  

What were the reasons that made you give up Booking Automation? I saw that you were testing this channel manager.

Do try Softinn, they have both the channel management and cohost system.

https://www.mysoftinn.com/airbnb-management-system

Vanessa819
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

I use Rentals United directly (without a PMS) and it allows me to be on Airbnb, booking.com, homeaway, Spain Holiday, Tui Villas, and and and ... (I'm on 20 sites!). I use Beyond Pricing which is connected so as to not guess my pricing anymore, DOINN also connected for my housekeeping, and Hello Here for the welcome app. I save so much time compared to before!!! 

Booking Automation is definitely the best PMS and Channel Manager in my opinion. It is also pretty cheap! I only pay 5 bucks a listing and had a free set up done

Ncane0
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks Rhys

May I please have the step by step to add a channel manager - Booking Automation.

did you ever get setup with booking automation if so was it more then 5 bucks ?

Check out HotelRunner, they have a great all-in-one system where I manage every part of my properties business ( online payments, promotions, booking engine, channel manager, custom emails sent to each customer before, during, and after their stay ). 

I also found the system to be quite easy to use, and had help setting up my account with one of their agents from the support team.

Airhosts4u-Ltd0
Level 2
Salford, United Kingdom

i admit, it is very difficult to keep up. i personally use a PMS (IGMS) myself as it allows all messaging and cleaning schedruling in one place. I then sync up individual booking sites to it.

I have considered using a channel manager. but to always keep changing atm to all these different methods (1 billion ways to skin cat) really gives a knock on effect to my business. I can see in the future maybe a channel management software will trump a PMS. I'm not sure. what is your opinions with pms vs channel management?

Peter1742
Level 2
Ibiza, Spain

Hi Susan316,

During the past five years I've been working with a number of channel managers, these weeks I'm testing one called Booking Automation replacing another I've used for two years called Tokeet.

So far Booking Automation seems like a great option though being less intuitive (and less beautiful design wise) than many other channel managers. It is for sure not features which Booking Automation is missing.

I would like to share why I'm replacing Tokeet after two years. I work really hard all year round on earning the highest possible daily rate and have as many days booked as possible, I care very much about checking out happy guests.

July and August is peak season months to me, during the last five years I've only had a couple of days available during this period  but because of a sync failure in the Tokeet system this year I have 15 unbooked days costing me 15.000 euros/17.000 USD in lost revenue, Tokeet basically destroyed my season costing me all of my profits.

I reached out to Tokeet who told me that Booking.com was to blame, needless to say that Booking.com completely disagrees. To be honest I believe Booking.com, an established market leader, over Tokeet which only has existed for a few years.

Among other things Tokeet writes on their website that "Tokeet keeps all your channels automatically and instantly updated", and "... so your listings are always accurate."

Having tried and tested a number of channel managers I highly recommend that you focus on your needs and stability in the systems. Do not choose channel manager based on looks/design and low prices - Tokeet has an appealing look and seemingly great prices but it comes at a cost, in my case I lost 15.000 euros due to technical failure in the Tokeet system.

I've reached out to them discussing the possibility of a compensations, well, Tokeet is conveniently located in the Bahamas ... and though they promise that "... your listings are always accurate" they do not take any responsibility in the cases that your listings are not always accurate.

I am now looking forward to launching and focusing on next season using Booking Automation, I'll have the coming low season months to get to terms with the fact that a failure in the Tokeet system resulted in zero profits this season.

Hi Peter,

Are you still using booking automation?  I've started using it for about 1 month and am still getting a hang of the entire system, first time ever using a channel manager and it's not easy to manoeuvre around this platform...

Ncane0
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi everyone

May I please have the step by step to add a channel manager - Booking Automation.

Regards

Try Lodgable.com, take a look at the benefits of partnering with them below....

List once and then market to over 60 travel sites and apps

You’ll still need to pay commissions charged by Airbnb, Expedia, and others.

Free

Channel Manager

Accept online payments

We don’t charge extra for our point of sale system. Only pay the fees charged by our merchant processing partner.

Free

Track all of your transactions and have unlimited invoices

Accept payments, make adjustments, add discounts, and more.

Free

Manage as many rentals as you’d like, there’s no limit

If you have multiple listings, we can help you import them too!

Free

No limit to the number of collaborators you can add

Invite as many team members as you’d like to help you manage your business.

Free

Hi

There are quite a few to choose from. My friend uses iGMS (used to be called AirGMS). She has three properties and chose that software as it's free for up to four listings. From what I gather she can look after the day-to-day stuff more easily, update her calendar,  plan tasks etc.

I'm looking to get things automated too (anything for an easier life), so I'm going to check it out! Here's the link if you want to have a look:  https://www.igms.com/features/channel-manager/