channel manager

Susan316
Level 2
Blackpool, United Kingdom

channel manager

Hi does anyone use a channel manager and if so who as we are looking at a way of managing our calendars over several booking sites .

Many thanks in anticipation 

susan and rory

51 Replies 51
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Susan316

Have a look at Freetobook, I'm not sure which sites they connect with these days.

Victor2694
Level 2
Vilobí del Penedès, Spain

Hi Jeff, 

Seems like a decent channel manager.  Are you still using it? I have a cottage to let and need a channel manager to sync calendar and prices with all the portals.  

Thank you 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan316

Preface my comments by saying Airbnb do not condone or accept responsibility for the use of external software in conjunction with their platform.

I have personally not had the need to use a channel manager but, in discussions with those who do Kigo seems to be a prefered choice. It does seem to operate reasonably reliably with Airbnb and most other STR platforms

https://www.kigo.net/channel%20manager/

I hope this helps.

Cheers......Rob

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Robin4 They are actively looking for new software partners to make it easier for large hotels/management companies to manage listings.

www.airbnb.co.uk/host/professional

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jeff158

Yeah times area a changing Jeff, 18 months ago Airbnb would not endorse 'smartlocks' or any external software. Two years ago February 7th-13th they had a 'purge' on multi-listing hosts....de-listed a lot of them. The CC was full of it at the time.

Now look, there are a few with in excess of 500 listings!

It's difficult to keep up with the changes these days, almost pays to keep your mouth shut!! 

Thanks Jeff....cheers......Rob

Abbey-Del-Sol0
Level 2
Puerto Morelos, Mexico

We're using Rentals United at the moment but the sync with our PMS is every 6 hours. Not ideal. 

We have just started with RU and has given us a real headache as we use a pms as well. How do you find the LOS pricing / Discount structure, As our PMS can only sync one or the other - Which in turn is not great for managing multiple connections. 

Hi!,

I've been using Nuevah pms and channel manager and it's really useful... It syncs with most channels out there and the integration is really smooth, no issues really so i'm very happy with it.

The UI is very intuitive too and it has a mobile ios app which i use all the time.

Hope this helps you!  Nuevahospitality.com

John143
Level 6
Julian, CA

I tried Red Awning and found out that your existing reviews from Airbnb will not follow to they platform.  Then I tried Sirvoy and it is better but still does not have all the answers for me.  They all seem to have their drawbacks.   

You can check out HotelRunner. I have been using them for almost a year now. They have a direct two way connectivity with Airbib and are connected with all major OTAs. Havent run into a problem yet, maybe give them a try. 

Cheers

Cristobal29
Level 2
Providencia, Chile

Hello All, I've tried many channel manager there and was a lot of work. I used roomaxis, Tokeet, Cloudbeds and Smoobu. I can recommend you by far Smoobu because it's very easy to use!

Smoobu synchronizes portals such as Airbnb and Booking.com and also automates everyday tasks such as billing or communication.

If you register via the following link you will have 2 months for free!!

https://login.smoobu.com/en/login/signup?hash=R18014824

Cheers!

How dose Smoobu work if you are a cohost, managing properties for other owners?

Dose this need to be setup by the owners and not me the cohost?

Thanks

Lina 

Did you find out the answer to this as I’m in the same position but I’d like to run Smoobu in my name as I manage a few different properties for different owners

Hi @Cristobal29

What's your experience with Cloudbeds? I just ran away from Tokeet screaming and with 15K out of pocket due to a bug in their calendar sync with Booking.com.

So far I'm testing Booking Automation, though promising it seems complex.