cleaning fees question

Ellen10
Level 1
Brookline, MA

cleaning fees question

We've set our cleaning fee at $25, which is fine for a night or two but when people book for a couple of weeks we'd like to increase the fee. I can't figure out how to do a variable fee. Anybody have any ideas?

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Ellen10,

You cannot set multiple cleaning fees on the system.  What I would do is put in your description a breakdown of what your cleaning fees are depending on the length of the stay and indicate that the base amount set ($25) is only for one or two night stays.  Then when people make an inquiry, you would need to make a special offer depending on the length of their stay.

If someone books for a couple of weeks, are you planning on going in every couple of days to clean.  I would think twice about going with this model as it might scare some people away.  We have a cleaning fee of $35CAD and that is whether you stay for a day, a week, or our maximum stay of 25 nights.  We offer a fresh supply of bedding and towels on request.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host