co-host and messages

Ada21
Level 2
Sao Paulo, Brazil

co-host and messages

Hi, I wonder if there's a way to prevent my co-host from getting the messages I exchange with guests/potential guests. She's a busy host herself, and since I do all the talking and dealing with guests myself (she helps me with check-in/check-out, mostly), she rightly finds it distracting to be receiving all my messages. 

It seems to me that when Airbnb just launched the co-hosting program, there was an option to do just that. But now I don't see it anymore.

Any help would be appreciated on this topic.

ada

20 Replies 20
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ada21

How would you distiiguish between messages you think you need, and those you think your co-host needs - in some cases it is part of the same message? It's an impossible request unfortunately - think of it: a guest sends you a message re a special offer and then mentions in the same message their check in and check out time. If only things were as advanced as being able to separate messages or elements of this like this it would make life easier. Unfortunately - we humans are mad and weird ....

thank you for your answer. I understand your point but, in this specific case (and I dare say I'm not the only one in this situation), I take care of everything and then, finally, just let my co-host know what time she should be there for check-in/check-out. I handle the guests. So, being a host herself, she's bombarded with all notifications for her properties, with all its ramifications (e-mails, text messages, app alerts), as well as mine. Anyway, I'm pretty sure when they launched this feature you were able to choose exactly what you wanted to share with your co-host, including wheter to have him/her copied on the conversations with guests. But as they change features on an almost daily basis, it seems, that option is now gone. Maybe they can bring it back? thank you again!

I just became a co-host and now I'm getting a slew of messages that I do not need in my que. I only need the ones during the date that I'm co-hosting. Did you find anything out from Airbnb?? Thank you!

No news on this front. But I suppose if lots of hosts/co-hosts start complaining about it, and the co-hosting service being a new feature in several places, they'll eventually add a solution to that.

I'll cross my fingers! 

Daphne25
Level 1
Eugene, OR

I have the same problem, my cohost is only my cleaner, I want her to access the calender to know when people are coming in and out, but she the bombardment of messages only wastes her time. 

Export your calendar to another program like google or Apple calendar and share it that way. By doing so, your cleaner will not receive notifications in regards to messages. 

Brittain0
Level 1
Kansas City, MO

Yes, me too! I became a co-host today (I've been a host myself for 3 years), but I'm only co-hosting to help the primary host with her technicalities (update listing, photos, pricing, etc, etc.) NONE of the messages will apply to me. This would be a great feature.

Dieter40
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Please Airbnb offer an option to filter cohost messages, it badly sucks and I am sure 80% of your hosting clients think the same about it! Should not be too hard to put a variable with the name of the related property into your email templates, so one could at least create a filter to destinguish cohost propertys from those people need other information. 

Anton78
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Upon logging into AirBnb click on "Host" in the top-right menu.

Select "Listings" from the drop-down menu.

Find the listing you are co-hosting and click "Edit".

Select "Co-hosts".

Under Co-hosts" find yourself and click "Notifications".

This will show you a pop-up window. Remove the check mark next to "Receive listing notifications".

Click "Save".

You're all set! Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks! Very useful. BUt how do I prevent my cohost to see the money I make with my listing?

Basically I just want him to get the money for the cleaning... NOT to see the money that I earn. Thanks!! 🙂

Only the host should be able to see the earnings. Co-host do not see it on thei profile. I am a co-host myself with my fiancé and always have to switch between profiles to look at it. 

I also believe the co host doesn't see the payment menu, but the email notifications do let the co-host see the amount of each booking. So do the calendar and the inbox. 

Ches3
Level 1
Mandaluyong, Philippines

Thanks so much for this! Really helpful!

Thank you @Anton78  I've been needing to do this for ages!  I only co-host when my friend is on vacation so don't need to see the messages when he is here.