co host

Erin197
Level 2
Grass Valley, CA

co host

Hi. I co host for one property that I verbally agreed to receive 15% for my co host duties.  (All bookings since I have started co hosting have gone well and the guests have mentioned me in their reviews.)  I recieve $50 for cleaning the 700 sq foot space after checkout. I am expected to book the guests, maintain the calendar, communicate with the guests throughout their stay, be on call for their emergencies and review them after check out. I stock all supplies with petty cash and do all of the laundry at my own home. These hosts live next door to the property. Included in this 15%, the hosts expect me to upload new photos  and create new rental accounts on other platforms. They also expect me to do all marketing and research to create more bookings.  If the hosts have questions about pricing or technical support, they text me and I'm expected to contact customer support and resolve the issue.  I am in the process of creating a written contract for my role as co host, the hosts have agreed to this.  I feel that the 15 % commission should  include the booking and managing of guests, reviews, on call responsibilities and maintaining and synching calendars. I was going to add that 3 hours of marketing research is included each month in the 15% fee. All additonal duties including creating new rental listings, maintenance calls for the unit, marketing research beyond 3 hours per month will be billed at $35 per hour.  We are in Northern California. I'm curious what other hosts expect of their co hosts involving marketing and research in an effort to create more bookings and also what hosts expect in terms of co hosts doing technical support?  Thoughts? I want to be very reasonable and create guidelines so that my role is very clear for both the hosts and myself. Thanks for your postive feedback. 

16 Replies 16

Perhaps remind him of your agreement and who does what?

David

1st!!! Do mot give him any money 

2nd !! Consult a contract attorney 

Questions.. 

Do you have anything in writting?

Is he doing any of the work virtually or in person?

Where does the money go from the rental?

Do you have a joint banking account?