colorado taxes

Jenna68
Level 2
Denver, CO

colorado taxes

hello!

i know that airbnb charges an occupancy tax to the renters.  does that affect anything when i submit my taxes?  do i just submit all of my earnings?   or are the occupancy taxes they charged cover any taxes i would have to pay?

thanks!

19 Replies 19

Heather, thanks so much for this link.  I'm trying to understand why this number isn't publicly listed.  I'm now waiting for an email from the county?? just this one last piece of information, but I can't submit until I have this number.

I have this same problem and I'm effectively out of time. If I can't get the number then I'm going to stop hosting. This is so unbelieveably complicated, it's literally not worth my time.

Also, as far as I can tell, a Tax License Number requires a business, so to get one I need to register a business? Maybe this is Colorado and Summit County's way of saying we don't want more tourists to come visit.

I read the recent post that ABNB remits all collected tax in a lump sum to the state.  There is no way to call this out on the DR 100 so is the recommendation to put $0 so there is no additional tax liability? 

I would like to know the answer to this also. Do we still need to submit the tax forms if we only rent thru airbnb and they submit the taxes for us? If we do have to submit tax forms do we list the gross as $0 which seems odd when the gross may be more but the taxes were paid by airbnb.

Linda1354
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Air Bnb is collecting all tax liability for Breckenridge. This includes town and state taxes. You need a business license for Breckenridge and state sales tax license. The total amount is 12.275% of booking amount. They bill the renter for the tax. I spoke with a customer service representative.  Linda