complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329

Airbnb sucks! I filled out a complaint against a host (Mike Addison) for fraud, hoping Airbnb would investigate. I submitted the form 3x and even called and confirmed receipt with customer support. It was confirmed the form and attachments were received, however the escalation department claim they never received anything! They could care less about their customer issues. I'm telling everyone I know NOT to use Airbnb!

I JUST WENT THU THE SAME THING TYING TO GET THEM OUT OF FLOIRDA THEY ARE THE WORST AND RUDE GROUP OF PEOPLE.

Yes!!! This is is exactly how I feel. Guess nothing has changed. I’m livid. They just take your money for no reason then keep repeating the same stuff over and over. The worst non existent customer service, if that’s what they want to call it, I’ve ever had to talk to in my life. Horrible, never booking through them again. 

omg, can't agree more!After more than one year calling and emailing, the airbnb Australia support team really done a great job of absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime I opened a conversation, its like I am talking to a ROBOT!!! COPY AND PASTE REPLY! Or there is no reply at all, however they magically know to close the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS PROMISED AT LEAST FOUR TIMES, I WILL GET A PHONE CALL, GUESS WHAT? NONE!!!!!!!!!!!So till now I still didn't have a functional airbnb account. KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB!!! 

ha yeah out of office seems not only for me 🙂 nice way for them to hide their  noise

I have similar experience, they kicked me around, closing the case without solving it in the messenger help center , handling up on me if i started to complain via phones....I still could not get a correct receipt of my stay, i wasted so much time. Does the manager not check his employees work at all? I do not think they can sustain the business. Unfortunately, there is no stronger competitor at the moment and airbnb is till dominating

Man! I completely agree with you! They’re currently putting me through the same bull**bleep**!!!

I’ve had a similar situation were I needed customer service to fix an issue whereby  my guest was not receiving a damage claim that submitted through AirBnB. Your guest has 72 hours to respond to the claim, in my case I filed 2 claims against prior guests the problem was that the guest never received the notification from AirBnB. So I contacted AirBnB support they in turn give it to the dark hole of IT. They made 2 attempts didn’t fix the problem several more days pass then I received message from AirBnB community support telling me my time has expired to make a claim with AirBnB. 

Customer service is extremely unprofessional...BIG JOKE!

At times it took me a whole day to communicate to resolve an issue. The waiting was 1 hour and more and my call cut off several times while explaining my case,  and they don't have the courtesy to call us back even though they take our numbers and have it on file. Same with my wife's experiences. To reach them is a nightmare.

Yes they do, telling you nothing you say matters to us. I was just rented a place that was supposed a super quiet, no traffic and humming birds in the courtyard. What we got was a building where 2 days into our stay started with construction. According to Airbnb we must report anything 24 hours after moving in. ...Are they stupid ? Do I look like a fortune teller ?

when its supposed to be quite and not they dont care when its actualy quite and not promised  as quit they refund guest lol

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Beefy0,

Check out my link below.  You can find ways of contacting Airbnb and also how you can delete your listing and even your Airbnb account.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I need an email address to send a compliant to airbnb and it seems like it's non-existant. Does anyone have any ideas? help@airbnb?

Bidyut-Bikash0
Level 2
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Host or Guest Concerns: Aisling Hassell, Global Head of CX aisling.hassell@airbnb.com Brian Chesky, CEO of Airbnb can be reached at either brian@airbnb.com or brian.chesky@airbnb.com

I've emailed these two about my issue with AirBnB but have not recieved a response as of yet.  Hopefully they will take responsibility of thier errors and refund my money.  They have been the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.