complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329
Beryl37
Level 1
South Yarra, Australia

Me too not sure when you complained 40 plus minutes doing everything right and can't finish the booking. Why does airbnb make it so difficult to complain directly to them. Frankly I would rather never travel again if I only had airbnb to go through

Dilara9
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

I can not get my payment from Airbnb. It has been 12 days since they sent it to my bank. I filed a complaint days ago, no reply at all. Called them and asked, they said i should wait for the finance department.

Henry-and-Leona0
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

Airbnb has rules that do not apply to them.

Let me explain: A prospective tenant inspected our condo in the Phoenix are one day prior to possession . We have a one day cancellation policy but the tenant cancelled the booking 3 hours after taking possession and Airbnb returned the deposit right away. (first rule broken by Airbnb) When confronted them they said that the tenant did not know that it was on the 2nd floor and that the place was uninhabitable ( second rule broken or just an excuse to cover their butt because the money was already returned.) The place was professionally cleaned and the only problem we could find was that the oven was a little dirty. The staff were determined to cover their tracks by offering only $ 200 refund instead of the proper amount owed to us because of improper notice. They closed the correspondence when they realized that they were cornered. Am very skeptical dealing with them in the future. Not a happy host at all. 

Mandy276
Level 2
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Me too! I couldn't contact them via my account. I phoned the number and it was going to cost a fortune and the reception in the conference centre where I was working was awful. I had no internet. Yes unusual but it can happen. So all I could do was phone host and try to resolve until I could access my account. Shouldn't have bothered... I sent airbnb photos of the flat with full evidence. I didn't want a refund all I wanted was the person to have 'superhost' removed. They didn't take my complaint seriously and said 'you made this outcome by not contacting us on the day'! I never complain usually but honestly this place was disgusting. Airbnb response.... its subjective!!!!! Oh and I notice my bad review cant be seen on her account! 

@Mandy276  Superhost status is something that is earned or lost according to a set of statistics which is monitored by a computer algorithm- it isn't something Airbnb manually decides to confer or remove. It's based on the average star ratings, whether a host responds to guest messages within 24 hours, the % of booking requests they accept, whether or not they have cancelled a confirmed guest reservation, and the number of bookings or days per year a host gets.

If a guest has a serious complaint about a listing, Airbb will investigate, most likely suspending the host's listing while they do so, and if the complaint is egregeous enough, that host may be removed from the platform.

But otherwise, a guest's experience with a host or a listing wouldn't affect Superhost status unless your star rating brought their rating average down to the point that fell below the minimum.

As for your review not appearing, has the 14 day review period ended? If not, it will appear after 14 days whether the host left a review for you or not. Also, if the host has a lot of reviews, you may have to scroll through them to find yours- they are not in chronological order of when a guest stayed.

Kevin1686
Level 1
Liverpool, GB

I stayed in a rat infested Airbnb in Jersey and they won’t refund my money any suggestions. 

David6433
Level 1
Boulder, CO

MY DAUGHTER WAS ASSAULTED AND NO ONE WILL RETURN MY EFFING PHONE CALL OR EMAIL!!!

This is community support??????

The owner won't even recognize the incident and Airbnb refuses to engage!!!!

I am at my wits end!!!!  HELP!!

Dennis157
Level 2
Pattaya, Thailand

Is anyone else having problems with the website. I have tried about a dozen times now to pre-approve an inquiry. When I click on Pre-Approve I just get the message "Server Not Found"  I complained by message but I did not receive a reply. Obviously the guest will just get fed up and I will probably have lost the booking by now.

Chelle2419
Level 1
Western Cape, ZA

It is the 13th of january and I am still waiting to be paid. My tenants left my house on Friday , today is Monday. They have been staying in my hous e over christmas and new years, now you can imahine whats its like over the peak season when you move out of your home and stil havent been paid. They have apologised and say they will work it out but I need my money immediately . I do not understand why they havent notified me or asked whter they can compensate me for the damages they have caused.

This is worrying as I am in the same boat. Haven't been paid for lets from 6 Jan to date....have you had any luck?

I cant get hold of them to tell them I cant get hold of them - if you know what I mean!! I have massive issues once in the system to access anything, it just hangs. When I try to contact them the conversation times out, it is completely useless and I am thinking of removing my property as I cant communicate with guests

Jeanine97
Level 1
Cape Town, ZA

I am at my wits end. I am owed a fortune by Air BnB for the past 2 weeks for bookings already completed. I have been advertising with them for 3 years, having between 1 and 4 properties on my profile at any one time. Never had an issue. They suddenly just stopped paying me with 6 Jan 2020 being the last payment. I called them and they said I had to fill in a business verification form, which I submitted immediately. Still no joy so called them again and they said wait 72hours. Still nothing so called again and they said I still hadn't submitted business verification form. I downloaded it again and this time it had partial information that only I would have known, already filled in (hence proof that it had actually been submitted before)...but I re-submitted the form. Another 72hrs wait and still nothing. Now they are saying it has been escalated and they are sorry but they cannot tell me what the issue is because they can't access that information and they don't know, so all I can do is wait. I have solid back to back bookings that they have already been paid for....at what point do I start canceling these bookings? Will they even care? I have told them I am willing to provide them with any information they need, but I need to be paid....they just said sorry but you have to wait!! Any suggestions? I have called 8554247262 as well as 4158005959.

Dan12052
Level 2
Staunton, VA

I had secured an Airbnb property in Anaheim, CA, in December 2019, paying a total of $214.51 for the two-bedroom place hosted by "Lyon." I never received any information about how to obtain a key, get to the property or other communicatons that comes from Airbnb hosts.

The place was suppose to be for me, my wife and son on Jan. 15-16. One Jan. 15, I sent a message to "Lyon" asking about how to get access to the property. She wrote back that her "agent" would be in touch. No contact. I then contacted Airbnb to resolve this. My son called the company. Only after that did I hear from "Eric," who called my cell phone and told me that it was my fault that I did not come to the property. By that time, we had secured other rooms for the night, because the property owners/operators had not contacted us.

Airbnb considers this the contact I needed, but there was no information provided about access codes, getting into a building, obtaining a key, etc.  

I have enjoyed the previous Airbnb properties we have called home during vacations from Florida to California. This was one that has not impressed me with the company's operations and one that I may want to resolve with a small claims court suit.

Chris12063
Level 1
Zurich, CH

Had BEDBUGS in a place i was about to stay.

Called airbnb & asked for help.

Was told they will call me asap.

It was 11pm and i was stuck without a place to sleep.

Airbnb replied 2 days after!!!

HORRIBLE SERVICE

going  to booking.com

Apparently it's very common for Airbnb to deliver terrible customer service.  As a host I would not recommend anyone to consider hosting with Airbnb.  DON'T DO IT!  Unless you don't care if your place gets trashed.  It should not be difficult to determine resolutions.  Some companies pride themselves in giving quality customer service, Airbnb does not!   Some companies are happy to turn a bad situation around- Airbnb does not!  Some companies last decades and build lifelong customers, clearly Airbnb will not!