complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329
Chris12063
Level 1
Zurich, CH

Had BEDBUGS in a place i was about to stay.
Called airbnb & asked for help as it was 11pm and i was stuck without a place to sleep.
Was told they will call me asap.
Airbnb replied (not even called) with a message 2 days after!!!
HORRIBLE SERVICE for paying aprox 15% of the booking fee for 'airbnb service'
I will be using booking.com from now on

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Chris12063,

I'm really sorry about your recent booking. I'm not sure what happened here, but for obvious reasons, you should have been contacted at the time by our Support Team.  

I imagine you have already spoken to our Support Team surrounding this, but I'm also going to pass you experience as feedback over to the team. 

I hope you were still able to enjoy your trip and that future trips wherever they may be, are enjoyable. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

what happened is that airbnb was busy..too many tickets/calls.. still i find this unacceptable..

Who gave AirBnb the right to block my calendar if I cancel? I had to go to the hospital for surgery, and could not host the booked guest, but informed him 2 weeks prior to his stay. Now that I am out of the hospital, and available to host, Airbnb block that week and refuse to unblock it.  

Unavailable/blocked calendar

Your calendar will stay blocked, and you won't be able to accept another reservation for the same dates of the canceled reservation.

@Jan8441  Having to go for surgery is an "extenuating circumstance" cancellation. If you had contacted Airbnb about this before cancelling, they would have told you what documentation to send in and the reservation would have been cancelled without any penalties to you, like blocking your calendar. You should never just cancel a reservation yourself.

I'd be persistent with them about removing the block under that policy. It can be time-consuming and frustrating, but hosts have gotten things turned around by refusing to give up. Sometimes you just have to disengage with the CS rep you are dealing with and contact again, hoping you get a more understanding rep the next time.

Ursula247
Level 2
Coomera, AU

I had an unreasonable guest who had a same day reservation on a Sunday for a single room in my home and as I could not just drop everything to receive him straight away, we both agreed to a check in time of 7.30 pm. For some reason he wanted to ask me something and kept on ringing me non stop during the whole afternoon whilst I was in hospital visiting my very ill husband. He then called airbnb Philippino call centre and Maria cancelled my reservation at 2 pm because I was not available on my phone straight away. Do they think we are a 5 star hotel with 24 hour reception???? Furthermore, she wants a sick note for my husband from the hospital to prove why I could not answer her call at once in order to reverse her penalty she put upon me for not answering my phone straight away.... Am I a school child having to provide a sick note, seriouisly????Case closed. Who is a competent person who deals with incompetent and unfair airbnb case workers I wonder?

Dan12193
Level 1
Westport, IE

Airbnb cannot deal with problem greater than how quickly they can randomly get money from you. They straightforward libeled me and allowed a guest a full refund when his hospital note said no diagnosis no investigations no follow up no INVESTIGATIVE notes. Airbnb said they got a note that allowed them to give him back all his  money ......less their charges of course. The whole experience was dodgy the allowed the quest to libel me also. Airbnb don't like problem and certainly do not like messages over 4 lines. I write clearly and they don't read it or totally misinterpret it.

Elsa-Mari3
Level 2
Osseo, MN

I'm just so unhappy with Airbnb 

Elsa-Mari3
Level 2
Osseo, MN

They refuse to refund the service fee and I cancel my booking almost 4 months  ahead of time. I can't travel anymore because of the Corona  Virus and  lost my job as a substitute teacher. 

I never thought Airbnb will do this.

It's not right what they doing to refuse to refund the service fee after I cancel almost 4 months  ahead if time because of the Virus that I can't travel anymore. 

Elsa-Mari3
Level 2
Osseo, MN

Very, very disappointed in Airbnb still refusing to refund service fee. 

Elsa-Mari3
Level 2
Osseo, MN

Now Airbnb said that I cancelled 4 reservations I won't refund the service fee but 2 of them is due to the Corona virus that I can't travel anymore 

Elsa-Mari3
Level 2
Osseo, MN

They also don't want to give me a credit at least. They don't care about the Corona virus situation and that I lost my job as a substitute teacher. 

John1259
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yes. They are really awful. They will go from being the toast of the hospitality industry to mere toast at this rate. Truly clueless from the BS CEO and his irrelevant pronouncements from high to the laughingly called 'help' section and the amusing 'feedback' invitation. Presumably someone is employed there to just press delete all day, no notion of feedback being acted upon. We were conned boys and girls. Lets hope post pandemic there a world left where these incompetents won't be messing up our lives.

Hi John - it seems we are having the same problems.  I am a news reporter.  Would you be willing to do an interview re the problems you've been having with Airbnb?