complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329

I'm having the same problem.  They reply with suggestions to links that do not work.  No resolution.   They set you up with a host that provided a dirty, unclean, bug infested condo in Ocean City, MD and then try to dodge all responsibility.

Hi Dan. Sorry about your experience in Ocean City. I live in Ocean Pines, I’m 50,  and can guarantee that if you book my Beach Chateau it will be the cleanest place you have ever stayed. It’s only 15 minutes to Ocean City. I have also had Super host status.

Shirley214
Level 2
Lancashire, United Kingdom

Quite agree....they are useless.  The HQ in London is the worst customer service I have come across in years...It blatantly does not exist.  I did not agree to be spammed with endless emails....and even when I told them not to contact me again they still did - grrrr.  Grrr might not be professional - but what a major disappointment, I won't be dealing with them again.

Sally384
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Me neither.   Useless, faceless organisation.   Having added on all the charges, I worked out that it was the same price as a very good hotel, which has the added bonus of getting breakfast included - also not having to pay until you leave.   Absolute con.  I hate they way they take money off you long before the stay.   This is how they make their - huge - profits.

well.. guess what? I also just dialled their London number for hosts.. but ended up in a callcentre in Dublin with a super unhelpful dude called 'Andy' who hung up on me.

After 4 years with Airbnb and being disadvantaged as a host each and every time... 2019 will be my last year on AIRBNB... I've opened shop on alternative websites and already have much nicer guests (and support!)... Airbnb will be a word of the past soon... bye....!

Theresa, I was happy with them for a years, recommended them to everyone... and after this issue now, theyre playing games and not solving the issue. I'd like toknow do they think Im stupid or are they just stupid not getting the problem or how to solve it... What other websites are you using?

Jason843
Level 3
Massachusetts, United States

Airbnb is the Walmart of home booking.  Sorry Walmart to insult you.  They have no care for their hosts so the quality is going down.  Soon they will go the way of Sears.  Hopefully They will be acquired soon.

I'm fed up with Airbnb.  I cancelled app reservation 24 hours earlier, through no fault of my own.  Train strike in France.  Still had to pay whole fee.  Which Website are you referring to ?

Regards

We booked our 20th anniversary with.Airbnb. I took lots of pictures of the apartment. It was unbelievable. Our bed was on cement blocks. Signs of mold. Unbelievable. They should not be able to get away with this.

What happened with this? We had a unpleasant stay and reported it as soon as we got back and are being told that we had to report it within 24hrs of seeing the problem.

They hide that condition in the fine-print and then throw it in your face later. They are a bunch of con artists - that's all.

VRBO has bought HomeAway

Yes they did you can also use booking.com

I unfortunately just experienced the same thing. It's so angering to not be able to speak with a supervisor after unprofessional behavior with an employee. 

couldn't agree more .. I'm trying to solve a problem with some host and the Airbnb service guy at first said that I was right and I should get a refund  because of a problem in the apartment (I have it on tape) and a few days later an "higher" service guy dismissed me and said that I do not deserve anything and insisted on closing the case.. 

Never had such a bad experience with any other customer service.