complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329

I’m Alice C with Airbnb. Airbnb has determined that we are unable to support this reservation, and will be moving forward with cancelling it. If check-in has already happened, we ask that the checkout process begin as soon as possible.--> Airbnb has never refunded me since then

This is a message from airbnb: I’m Alice C with Airbnb. Airbnb has determined that we are unable to support this reservation, and will be moving forward with cancelling it. If check-in has already happened, we ask that the checkout process begin as soon as possible.

--> I moved out for hotel but Airbnb has never refunded me since then

Maria2401
Level 2
Log Cabin, TX

I have two listings with the company and want to remove them due to repeatedly not being able to get basic assistance from the help centre.  I have made formal complaints galore - nothing!  So now I am looking at doing a news feature for the BBC.  Would anyone here be willing to do an interview about the diminished service Airbnb is offering hosts?  It seems the company is more impressed with itself 'diversifying' than looking after its root business...

Hi Maria, my partner and I might be - I would need to talk to her but she is having a nightmare with them at the moment unfortunately.

Jan9070
Level 1
Tacoma, WA

I think we all should Boycott Air Bnb. Your customer service is totally terrible. Used to be a good company since they’ve gotten bigger they have gotten really terrible with any kind ofI will avoid them at any cost. Also I’m finding hotels are pretty reasonable right now some of them are less expensive and have moreAmenities then Airbnb host do.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

It seems this thread has become  a "*bleep*", maybe an admin, like@Quincy  , should close it....

Heather787
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I suggest that everyone on here drops airbnb and they will have no income.  I am never going to go along with airbnb again.  Nothing but trouble and angst.

Manuel3403
Level 2
Aljezur, Portugal

We hosts.

Just Guet used.

Summer134
Level 1
Manchester, NH

I have major issues with their declining host support. Didn't they used to have direct phone number for Superhosts? Now it's gone. I get an outsourced international person who knows nothing. May I speak to your supervisor? No supervisor. No email. No resolution. So it seems they don't want to deal with their issues. Well, it may bite them in the arse sooner or later when bad publicity and lawsuits show up at their door from hosts. Seems like they are too consumed with their stock price to bother with running a business with any morals.  I am sorry you are experiencing this. I hope that if our voices are loud enough, we can all get the proper attention we deserve! 

Emily1198
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

I'm currently waiting on a claim for damages done by guests in December. Still nothing from Airbnb. This platform has gone off the rails and I think it's time hosts start removing their listings. There is absolutely no host safety and protection any longer. I can't even get reimbursed for damaged items totaling $400. Beware if you keep your listing on here. I have blocked my calendar for the foreseeable future until I get reimbursed, then I'm leaving this platform. I think COVID did this company in, and it shows. 

Jackie704
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

What happened to customer service, apparently it doesn’t exist at Airbnb, the following was sent to Airbnb on 6/16/21, no response from airbnb:

I am begging for someone to assist in resolving an issue I have with Airbnb. On Monday 6/14/21 at 6am EST, I went into my reservations (which were made in 8/2020) to change payment info and to pay remaining amount which was due in July. Within minutes, I received an email indicating my account was “suspended" and both of my reservations had been cancelled. I called Airbnb and was told “sorry, your reservations are cancelled and you will be refunded”. Within an hour I received an email from Airbnb indicating “oops, we made a mistake and should not have suspended your account”, but nothing we can do (per airbnb). Thus both reservations were cancelled, refund was made to a closed bank account, 

I have called Airbnb “Customer support” 13x since Monday 6/14 requesting someone from management contact me- to no avail. No call, only promises. In addition, the monies refunded were sent to my closed bank account (which was the reason for changing payment info to begin with). More than $1k is sitting out there in never never land. 

PLEASE just have a management person contact me to resolve this issue-PLEASE! I have filed a complaint with BBB this morning and will continue complaints until Airbnb calls me and resolves this issue.

Both reservations were cancelled, refund was made to a closed bank account, no call from management, no apologies, no resolve for the $ lost since prices have gone up astronomically since last August 2020. 

They are still an awful customer service and company.

Thank you for sharing.

Steve2990
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Feel sorry for all hosts and X customers of airbnb. We made a booking before the covid deadline and as still it shows on the site you can cancel for refund or credit. So when we cancelled (as the world had to) we wanted money back but only a credit could be claimed .. accepted as only option thinking we'll this will be over . So booked a few nights stay in August this year this was cancelled by host anoying but able to book another .so guess what yep that has been cancelled by host. We can now not book unless we want to pay at least 4 times the price in the area told by Airbnb that cannot have a refund should not have accepted credit and we don't refund to protect "the community " 🤔 In the UK we have something called a "charge dispute" that allows you to claim money's back if you have been unfairly made to accept or made to pay out. When I have advised that looking to claim they have pointed me to terms saying if you attempt to claim your credit will be cancelled whether successful or not 😨. The very underhand way they deal with customers and now I can see hosts makes me very annoyed for everyone.you live and you learn and looking at any review site says the same story"Do yourselves a favour Don't use Airbnb"

Eli21035
Level 2
Zurich, Switzerland

The customer support has until yet NOT RESOLVED our issue.

First of all, it took more than 8 hours for them to RESPOND! Even while knowing, that it was an emergency! After responding with "copy-paste" argumente from their website! They have ghosted me for 2 consecutive days!

The bathroom's flat has MOLD, dirty curtains, hair everywhere it is just disgusting. The shower is broken, the blinds are also broken and Airb&B has been just useless!

We cannot leave, as we rented the place for almost one month! We are coming from abroad and rented this flat close to the lake of Zurich.

So far NO ONE has helped us, nor called us or giving us advise, another flat, compensation, money back. NOTHING!

I want everyone to know Airb&b used to be a great solution regarding housing, now days is the **bleep**tiest company ever! This is NOT the first time we have encountered this properties, rented by an administrator, being so DIRTY, OLD, MOLDI and disgusting!

WE WANT A REFUND! AND ANOTHER FLAT FOR THE REST OF OUR TIME IN SWITZERLAND!

Property in 8008 Baurstr. Zurich