complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329
Andrew1310
Level 2
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom

superhosts ? They earn 100£ a month in a call centre.  There are no managers available anywhere on earth.

Maybe you should try using Google, it's really easy to contact them.

Andrew1310
Level 2

Airbnb customer support are terrible. Ive had white supremicist guests review my flat saying the black residents in my building 'smell like ass ' and airbnb are happy to publish!

Andrew1310
Level 2

Airbnb are terrible. I say find your head office and complain in person - otherwise you eill get the run around from pinoy call centre workers. I'm going to go up to their london office where they cannot hide.

Pauline392
Level 2
Hilton, South Africa

first air bnb bookings - I have not been paid - e mail after e mail - pathetic response.

Now lost huge money!

they are useless

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Pauline392 have 30 days passed? If you are new to Airbnb it takes longer, but it will be faster after that, depending on your payout method. 

I have called..been told that I will get call back..no call back..2 days later. So.eone "special case worker" told me 7 hrs ago I will call you back in 1 hr.  Guess what..no call back.  These people are rude and not very smart. They lie and cover up. I have had an agent take funds from me..no phone call..no email..lie lie lie...I will file in small claims..may give it to an attorney..they will have to co.e to east coast..

T

Just tried to use Airbnb for the first time to book a place in Strabane, Northern Ireland.  The owner, Shane, was quite evasive with answers to simple questions then put the price up from £420 to £580 during the conversation.  That is criminal.  Tried complaining to Airbnb but they just aren't interested.  They are obviously a company that just wants to take their "cut" and do nothing else.  Avoid them and this guy in Strbane like the plague.

Nelson153
Level 2
Mount Prospect, IL

I wanted to make a book through airbnb, so i pre-paid for my staying. Unfortunately i could not got to that place and i talk with the host to make a refund, thae host accepted and theoretically i should get my refund. I asked to support guys and each time a different person again and again say that i will get tge money back but i got surprised when instead of refund they continue charging me... in the end i needed to close my card and get a new one because instead to grt refund they still charging. I called them many times and i am already tired to try to grt my money back but it is really anoying they still trying to get more money from me.

i want to complain somewhere so they will stop ask me for money and maybe they will return part of what i paid....

Paula938
Level 2
Black Diamond, WA

Run around seems to be a common concern at Airbnb.  On June 22nd, I visited my property for cleaning and maintenance and found many items missing, including my tool box!  It is most difficult to make repairs when your tools are no longer there.  I called Airbnb immediately and have called them at least ten times since then.  “Someone will call you”, “we have escalated your ticket to urgent”, “we have 72 hours to respond”, we’re some of the responses.  It is now early on June 27th, and I have still not heard from one of their risk management case managers.  I am concluding that this organization does not care very much about hosts, but has a preference for the travelers.  I feel vulnerable and exposed, and that Airbnb does not really have my back.  They just don’t care, period.

Paula P.  Owner/host

Stacey188
Level 1
Missouri, United States

What do you do when a listing is falsely advertised and the host ask for more money after it is booked? When i declined to pay more it said it would change my reservation and then they cancelled my reservation shortly after.

Pauline392
Level 2
Hilton, South Africa

I signed up with AIRBNB in May 2019:

I have had two reservations that I still not have been paid for: 31/05 and 09/06.

after numerous e mails to truly untrained consultants who are totally untrained - gave me some 4 or 5 different reasons/.

I then had to register with Payoneer - which is equally disfunctional - some 20 e mails - with so many bomb outs: question upon question with subquestion: to further subquestion - only to recieve reply asking for firther subquestions!  

Response 06/30/2019 07:23 AM

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be advised, Exchange4Free is the banking partner used to process our payments within South Africa and they have recently sent you an email.

Please complete the reporting mandate using the following link

https://m.exchange4free.com/mandate/dnutjoM-SaX3Glk8BIrpFJFTR73Yc6gfznVpXSIJvow

they will then be able to release your funds to your local bank account.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this matter, and appreciate your continued patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Ronald

Global Banking Department

Reference Number: ****

Your Customer ID: ****

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Richard1353
Level 2
Washington, DC

Today I called into Airbnb to voice my complaints with the customer service. I received a message from Airbnb customer support stating that they were going to give a full refund to a guest without contacting me to investigate why and they stayed 4 days. I was given the run around for several different phone calls until I finally spoke to crystal and she called me an ( n-word) over the phone!  I asked to speak to her supervisor and all he did was say he would forward it to their supervisor and would follow up thru the messages then hung up!

Since starting my Airbnb account I've had 3 unauthorized parties thrown in the home, a pop-up weed dispensary, a party that after checkout I found blood on my walls and floors, and a guest that stayed 4 nights and then got a full refund. Honestly, it is not worth being a host because Airbnb gives you all these guarantees that they will back you and your home. Instead, it is a case that the several different support departments will throw around until you forget about it!