complaint to airbnb rude working style of Airbnb Trust and Safety team

complaint to airbnb rude working style of Airbnb Trust and Safety team

Key point:
I did nothing wrong, but this team's rude working style made customers not able to book my rooms for 5 days (at least)
Background:
Airbnb's new version added new functionality(option) of disclosing host's public security cameras. I became Airbnb host 3 year ago. At that time, there was no such funtionality in airbnb, so of course my room listings had no such information before Airbnb told me to update my room listings about public security cameras.
The complaining point 1:
Airbnb blocked customers to book my room BEFORE Airbnb asked me to update my room listings about this new option. It is new functionality, so Airbnb should leave time buffer when asking hosts to update for this new functionality.
The complaining point 2:
The Airbnb employee Rae B asked me to finish updating this new functionality of disclosing security cameras within 48hours. So I finished updating within 48 hours (US Friday morning), but I couldn't get response from Rae because I found that Rae didn't work on Friday. So Rae couldn't reactivate my account on Friday even after I updated my room listings as requested by airbnb. Plus weekend, so Airbnb blocked customers to book my rooms for at least 5 days, although i did nothing wrong from the beginning. PS: Friday morning, i called airbnb customer service team, but customer service team also could not find Rae.
Suggestion:
1. For new airbnb functionalities such as disclosing public security cameras, when Airbnb asks hosts to add information for such new airbnb functionalities, please also consider to protect hosts's interest, that is to say, give time buffer after Airbnb sends reminder to hosts, and must NOT block customers to book BEFORE sending reminder to hosts which is really rude to hosts.
2. When airbnb employee set 48hours time limitation, please consider your working date, if hosts finishes the tasks on time, but you are taking vacation, it will give etra loss damage to hosts, which will make hosts even angry.
3. For important case of blocking host account or suspending host account, please assign the job to employees who can speak local language in order to avoid mis-understanding, and please assign the job to similar time zone employees. For my case, i am in Asia, so i have to communicate with Rae at 2-5am of local time, really tired.

I hope airbnb really can take my complaint seriously.

10 Replies 10
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

You must contact Airbnb Customer Service, @Liyan0, you may use the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/Or you will find a pinned post in the Help section how to do it.
Here, we will not help you with that because it is only a community of hosts and guests.
// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi marzena, thank you!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Liyan0

Liyan, you are seaming to be very hard on Airbnb here who, after all, are simply trying to uphold the rules of the platform.

The disclosure of security cameras has become a major issue for booking platforms in light of recent UTube content of the invasion of persons privacy whilst in rental accommodation. In almost all the viewable material these individuals/couples had no idea they were being filmed and now their compromised images are being conveyed around the world at the click of a computer mouse!

I am not accusing you of anything Liyan and neither is Airbnb but, there is a strict protocol that Airbnb have to adhere to and that is that video security devices and their locations must be disclosed in a listing description prior to a guest confirming a reservation. We can't give you a time buffer as you requested, as there is in many instances a guest who wants to book! It needs to be done there and then!

There is an overwhelming number of potential guests who will not book a property if video surveilance is in operation as they wish to feel their stay to be a private record of their experience.

If a guest finds out, post booking, that video surveilance is in operation and it was not disclosed, they have the right to cancel the reservation and receive a full refund, so what is being done here Liyan is for your benefit and protection....it is to preserve your booking!

I am part of Airbnb support and I can tell you that none of us work 24/7 and there is always another agent to pass a case on to if an agent is not available, all you have to do is ask. 

Your listing was suspended until you complied, but as soon as you did comply that suspension would have been lifted.

With over 4 million current listings there is going to be a considerable number of issues that will require some sort of assistance and a strict time limit has to be put on the exchange of relevant material. I can tell you now, if you miss a contact deadline your case will be closed with no right of appeal.

Liyan, I would suggest in future when you click 'Involve Airbnb' you follow the email option as your enquiry will (in general) be answered within 5 minutes. That is the brief of the Experts team, to post an answer within 5 minutes of the email being received. If the issue cannot be solved at that level, personnel there have the ability to pass the issue on to an agent directly for speedy asistance. 

Customer satisfaction at that level of support currently sits at an average of 96% so it is a worthwhile contact option if you have an issue!

We all acknowledge that not everything is going to run smoothly all the time. Nobody is going to get it right 100% of the time. 

But please be assured, the company tries!

Cheers.....Rob

Thank youvery much, Bob.

> Liyan, I would suggest in future when you click 'Involve Airbnb' you follow the email option as your enquiry will (in general) be answered within 5 minutes.

Where is "Involve Airbnb" option? Thanks

Hi Bob, 

> I am part of Airbnb support and I can tell you that none of us work 24/7 and there is always another agent to pass a case on to if an agent is not available, all you have to do is ask. 

I finished room listing update on US friday morning, then i called airbnb in Chinese and English respectively, but both customer service employees could not find Rae and could not make progress for my case. so Friday passed, then weekend will pass soon, and my account is still disabled.......

Hi bob,

You are airbnb memeber, so i report one bug to you - the functionality of disclosing recording  doesn't support multiple language. If i fill in English, then Japanese or Chinese OS only can see English, which is hard for Japanese or Chinese to understand.

Thanks

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Liyan0

Probably of little help but I have yet to see a listing that is compliant with AirBnB's disclosure requirements.

Including mine.

David

Ho David, i contacted support team many times, but no progress until now. Thank you

Adelaide23
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

Hi Liam,

Exactly the same thing is happening to me right now in Australia. 

I promptly replied to the Case Manager from Trust and Safety team (Jin) who sent me an email 4.59pm on a Friday and took my account off without any warning or discussion. Now it is Monday afternoon and still no reply. 

I have rung Airbnb numerous times and asked to speak to him or another team member, and Customer Service cannot help me. They say only he can resolve it, but is where is he, and why is he not replying after I provide all the information sought within 2 hours of his email? I have replied within 48 sought, and he has not responded even 72 hours later.. !

Meanwhile my 7 listings are currently unbookable (3 days now) and I am losing thousands of dollars in potential bookibgs each day.

The CCTV is located outside my apartment, being a City building, and belongs to the Strata. 

I also have been a long time host, and take my hosting very seriously. 

It is upsetting that nobody in Airbnb can help me except Jin, who nobody can put me through as you csnnot speak with them directly i have bren told. I have also asked to speak with another manager, supervisor, or anyone in Trust and Safety, to get an update and that is not possible either.

This feature of CCTV, public recording is new. I have updated my listing to include it, but stress that it is external, out side of my property,  and owned and controlled by the building Strata.

Airbnb should understand that all apartment buildings in the city have video surveillance in entry foyers, lifts and common areas for safety reasons. At least another 10 Apartments listed in my building do not state that CCTV in their listing, so I also feel unfairly targeted. 

Please help me get some response or advise who to contact?

Danni 

Adelaide23
Level 1
South Australia, Australia

Sorry Liyan, auto correct