delete response

Ralf0
Level 1
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

delete response

Hey guys,

How do I delete a response to a guest review that I wrote? 

Kr,

Ralf

36 Replies 36

Agreed. Did the same and find it frustrating. 

Please fix this Airbnb!

Is there a mechanism that allows us to be sure this feeback gets to Airbnb or to lobby to have the responses removed? 

Same happened to me
Rose170
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

@Quincy

Dear Qiuncy, 

Can you please help. 

Please help us to edit or even delete the response to the private message to public via the profile page. 

Best regards, 

Rose. 

Zhaoying0
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Same thing... thought it would response privately

Joe292
Level 1
Portland, OR

I also made this mistake as I though by responding to their private feedback my reply would also be private. Please fix this AirBNB. Definitely confusing user experience. 

Joanne198
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

Please fix this airbnb as soon as possible. I reply to a private message thinking it would be private response too. Or at least their should be an option wherein the host can delete their own messages.

Aisling13
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

I've done this too, thinking I was replying to the private message - nothing bad just embarrassing as it was a follow-on in conversation. There should be a page saying 'confirm public response' before it saves. 

i have done the same thing and i cannot fix this now. please fix this
Robert776
Level 2
Pflugerville, TX

+1

Matt395
Level 1
Adrian, MO

Agreed. I found this thread when looking for a solution to this problem. I'm no programer, but this seems an easy and needed fix.

Michael1551
Level 2
Pinehurst, NC

Wow - three years later and no response from Airbnb, or solution.  Seems every new host is bound to make this error! ugggh  Glad I didn't post anything stupid.  Just thought it was private message. 

Carrie175
Level 1
Peterborough, United Kingdom

Also fell into this trap & also found this thread whilst looking for a solution. Just wrote a nice response to my hosts’ equally nice private message to me, but I didn’t intend to clutter up their & my public space with it. The way the site leads you through the response gives you every expectation that you’re replying to a private message with a private response. 

I do think there should be a few days grace for a response to be edited or deleted.

Maybe this problem of it not being clear whether it is private or public is on the app. I never use the app., it always seems to have some glitch or other and important information or features are missing or not accessible.  On the desktop it is clear what is private and what is public and that responses will be public.

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 11.45.57 AM.png

Keeley2
Level 1
Medicine Hat, Canada

Same thing here! I thought I was responding privately. Is there no fix for this at all?? ]

@Keeley2  Call AirBnB a lot of times they will remove your respond if you explain it was supposed to be private feedback and you made a mistake and posted it publicly.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

For Superhosts (they will verify you):

North America: +1-647-945-9627 +1.888.326.5753