did you create a facebook page for your listing?

Joi0
Level 3
Blacksburg, VA

did you create a facebook page for your listing?

I came across a rental property recently that was on facebook. It had nice photos, and linnked to airbnb. The host was running a contest and picked someone from their "comments" to give a weekend getaway to.

Has anyone tried this, and with what success? I don't really "do" facebook much so I don't have thousands of "friends". If I started a new page just for my listing, would it get any views? would i have to have a bunch of "friends" to make it worthwhile?

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

I have a facbook page (and a web site) and I use it primarily as a sort of guest book. I have received one booking through it so far which I directed through AirBnb. I also have had many questions via it for weddings (shudder) and large groups. As it costs nothing I think its still worthwhile.

https://www.facebook.com/geckohousebohol/

Hope that helps

D

I created an account. Spent quite a bit of time making it look nice. And then it was deleted by Facebook because, in truth, it didn't comply with Facebook's TOS.

Whoops.

Should have created a "page" instead. (I have no experience with this.)

Trying to post an event for the eclipse August 21st 2017

Hey guys need a place for the eclipse well we have one for you South Carolina ass residence to help, date RV transits to, date the eclipse it is at Wyboo in Clarendon County self-contained RV campers and Tents this is a one-time offer overnight stay $25 and night and $50 from the 20th to the 22nd there will be no water or sewage or electric the location Lake Marion Santee Upper Lake in Clarendon County outside of Manning South Carolina Highway 260 check in August 20th and check out August 22nd contact Charles at 803-317-4523 looking for you and having a good time

Sheila187
Level 3
Mt Pleasant, MI

Joi, 

I saw your post and the few replies to it about creating a Facebook page and whether it would pay off in more bookings. Did you do it? I would be interested to know your tips. Or anyone else who used it successfully. Also, what would you do to regularly update it? The news might be something like (in our case) "we added a picnic table to the beautiful spot on the river." Is this the sort of thing?

Sheila