does anyone want to join me in an class action lawsuit vs airbnb?

Kai32
Level 4
New York, NY

does anyone want to join me in an class action lawsuit vs airbnb?

It appears that their penalities are quite predatory, and seems like they will offer these "helpful" suggestions to get more booking such as instant booking.  What they bank on is that the hosts forget to turn it off, despite notifying the customers right away.  Furthermore, no one at Airbnb appears they want to help and theres never seem to be supervisor around when I ask to speak with management.  This has to be a predatory practice somehow and I think we should join forces to make our voices heard.

250 Replies 250

Same here. I didn't always get the result I wanted but they were quick to answer the phone and at least try to help. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

No one is forced to be on Airbnb, it is not a right that they have to accept you either.

Not true... it is impossible to delete your acoount without their approval! Stay tuned I'm filing a lawsuit as we speak.

how do we join in?

As a Chicagoan:  please inform me of the grounds of the suit and what you're seeking.

Liz481
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

I'm not sure about your complaint, but I can tell you that their supposed $1m guarantee for any damage a guest does is a COMPLETE lie.  We've hosted hundreds of reservations through the platform and used to feel comfortable in the knowledge that if one of our places was damaged by a guest, Airbnb would cover it.  This is posted on the front page of every listing!  

We had a guest trash our place causeing $3K worth of damage.  We submitted photos and receipts, spent months chasing it and even sent a fed ex letter to the CEO.  Airbnb did nothing and would give us no expalantion as to why they were not covering our claim.  We asked no less than eight times (in writing) and they wouldn't EVEN acknowledge the question.  I've read other forums and found that this is standard practice.  Airbnb does NOT cover damage even though they repeatedly say they do. 

I'm glad other platforms are starting to get traction because I would like to stop hosting on Airbnb.  Unfortunately, they are the brand for now, but with the way they treat guests, I don't think that wil last forever.

I am having the exact same issues.  keep me posted on what you find out. I have texts from the guests stating they did the damage but still no response. Donna 916-521-1343

Competition is great.

Supposed to be o agree but you have to jump through a million hoops to get there. I’ve called and probably spent more time on phone with case managers and have 3 separate cases open for a one night stay than the guests actually spent in our home 

Whatever happened with this?

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

No!

Mark, you are not required to answer.  If you feel that you needed to, a simple "no thank you" would have sufficed.

The No! Was a little rude. 😕

He can post whatever he wants.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

So you have a Pro Bono Lawyer lined up?

David

how can we join in?