edit guidebook

Gretchen2
Level 2
Palmer, AK

edit guidebook

Airbnb needs to be notified of the many complaints from hosts who are unable to edit their guidebooks. I just went in to check mine, and in some update the locations have been misfiled (i.e., listed as food or restaurant when its a hike in the woods!). I see many others are complaining of the same issue. When we attempt to edit the guidebook nothing happens.

18 Replies 18
Rosana23
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

I have the same problem with my guidebook, wrote twice to Airbnb support in the past two weeks and nothing happened so far.

Victoria173
Level 3
Birmingham, United Kingdom

I'm livid - when you create a guidebook it says it will display in your listing, so I only realised today that it doesn't, and several hours of work has boiled down to just highlights on my location map - most of them out of sight of my property location because of the scale. What's more, although it says in Help that you can include tags, html tags do not appear. So I went in to update the listing to remove the html and found that the Update function doesn't save your change. Frustrated, I deleted an entry from the guidebook and tried to re-add it without a tag - only to be told that the facility was not available to add.

And last but not least - no slider bar to move through the edit? What idiot of a developer didn't think a slider bar would be needed ?`

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Victoria173,

Lovely to meet you, I am sorry to hear your frustration here. 

I wanted to let you know the team have been working on some updates to the Guidebook feature and so this is why there was some distruptions with this over the weekend. It has all been resolved now so you shouldn't have any problems adding entries now. 

I also took a look at your listing and I was able to see many of your recommendations, even before zooming out on the map, so I don't think all your effort was done in vain. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Victoria173
Level 3
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie, thank you for the comments. I'm still not very happy - if I enquire as a user would, not logged on to the site, my location map shows only about 5 items from my guidebook - none of the city centre, for example. Also, html tags from the listing are not displayed when I hover over a guidebook item. Website text about guidebooks says that tags will display. And - how about that slider bar? Pretty please? Regards, Victoria.

Mark441
Level 1
Wexford, Ireland

Yep, same as all of the above, I edit each of the headings, no save button, as it's suppose to save as you go, leave page-even the 24 hrs they suggest, go back in, all gone-oops!!-glad I copied and pasted my creative musings to a Word doc. Got to be said, not much action appears to be going on on Airbnb's side! Sad

Laurie141
Level 1
Carlsbad, CA

Can't even FIND my Guidebook to try and edit it...and Airbnb helpline didn't answer after waiting 30 minutes, two times.  YOu would think they could afford to hire more people and update their platform with all the cash flowing in...

Jacinta6
Level 2
Daylesford, Australia

Hi I am trying to fill in a guidebook for my listing and I can't seem to scroll down the page to enter details.  I have tried doing it also on my phone, but the guidebook feature doesn't even appear as an option.  Are there any tips?  This seems to be an old thread but the problem seems to be there still.  Cheers, jacinta 

I'm experiencing the same issue. There's no scroller on the page. I edited my guidebook but I had to zoom out the page to see all the options for editing. Please, fix that. The map on the right is too big, maybe that's the reason why we can't see the scroll bar on the right.

I can't edit my guidebook either, and even zooming out, and trying to find the word "edit" on the page, I can't see any editing options. 

Gayle27
Level 2
Margaret River, Australia

Same problems here ,slider bar not visible,scroll keys dont work ,havent been able to update guidebook for months now .Using windows 10 with chrome brower come on airbnb cant be that hard surely .

Kathleen329
Level 2
Summertown, TN

yes, same problem 2 years after Gretchen brought it up. How can we edit the Guidebook. What's up??? 

I've tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox. Same problem.  Hello AirBnB...are you listening?

I am unable to edit nor find my guidebook under the listing.if you look at the listing, the guidebook is listed just below the map.  From a host perspective, it’s vanished.  Any answers?

Yep still the same with me... two weeks later. ANYBODY HOME AT AIRBNB????