edit my review response to a guest

Julie61
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

edit my review response to a guest

Why cant I edit a review I wrote as a response to my guest review?  Both reviews have been written, but I want to tweak my response a bit.

these are th instructions given, but I dont have the option to edit: 

Editing a review

After writing a review, if your host or guest didn't complete their review yet, you can edit your review for up to 48 hours, or until your host or guest completes their review. You can edit a review at Edit Profile > Reviews > Reviews by You > Edit.

38 Replies 38
Jo20
Level 2
Lorne, Australia

I've spent a couple of hours on the phone with airbnb over the last few days.  My response to a private message from a guest is appearing in my reviews as a public message, and it's nonsense, doesn't make sense, because the guest's private message is not showing, just my (private) response.  The guest public review is good but they privately brought up one matter, to which I privately responded - but my response is public.  Airbnb cannot move it from 'public' to 'private'; and cannot remove my response, even though it's my response and I've requested removal.

My other issue is that as a guest in an airbnb, I submitted a nice public review plus a detailed private message with points for improvement;  airbnb advise that it is scheduled to show publicly (after the 14 days).  It's my input and I have asked for it to be removed from the public domain, but airbnb cannot do so.  It will put everyone off booking the place.  It's a nice apartment but contract cleaners do not seem to be doing their job, and attention is needed; I wanted to give the owner a chance to rectify.

Airbnb cannot hide or remove either of my comments and say there is a glitch in their system.  A suggestion was for me to edit my second input (as a guest) - which I should be able to do as the host has not posted a review and the timing is within 14 days - but airbnb system will not allow me to see my comment in order to edit. 

Reading this thread, the public/private problem has been there for years, it is not new despite what airbnb have told me.  Why have public / private review sections which do not work.  Get rid of them and revert to direct messaging if you can't get it right please.

Same. I want to edit a reply to a review. WTF? Why is this impossible? I'm starting to hate abnb. Really.

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

I had the same thing happen:

1) it was not clear whether I was responding to private or public review

2) I thought I would be able to modify my response, just like you can modify your review, for 48 hours.

My comments are not embarrassing, demeaning or compromising my guests privacy but I wish I had thought it through a bit longer and structured my response better.

This is really bad needs to be improved. 

Airbnb please let us modify comments for 48 hours just like reviews.

Wow.

Anne1427
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I wish to add a lot more to my response too as my guest were not nice and i regretted keeping it short

Ulrico0
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

I responded, and later found out that in responding I missed to place a key article in the middle of a sentence, thus making a 3rd grade grammar error, evident to everyone, and thus looking like a moron. 

I feel that editing should be allowed, thus at least giving the community a chance to at least look literate

Susie68
Level 1
Brixham, United Kingdom

Hello!

I need to respond to a  review .I seem to have lost the little red box "respond to '

just googled it but still cannot recapture, HELP!

Lorraine350
Level 2
Whitby, United Kingdom

I would like to agree wholly with other community members here. I wrote what I thought was a private response to a guest who made a number of unjustified complaints. Basically she messed with the heating system did not ask for help them complained that it was noisy. I simply explained how it worked but of course this implies to future guests that there is a problem. Now our bookings are down over 50 percent. I know this for certain as we have another identical listing which is full. When this happens Airbnb also lose income so I have no idea why they are supportive. 

My issue too was exactly that a guest who didn't know how to use the heating, did not ask, and then wrote in a review the heating didn't work.

Some things I did after this experience:

- the next time I had a really friendly guest, asked them to say the heating worked great.  they did that and even said "I wonder why that other guest said it didn't work? it works great I was super warm".  lol

- I got a virtual guidebook and made extensive explanations and youtube videos about how to work the heating

Agree with everything you said except "when this happens Airbnb loses income".
No they don't, there are plenty of competitors waiting for your guests!  Airbnb will rent your place or someone else's.  No harm to them.

Paul8152
Level 1
Pampatar, Venezuela

You just gotta call AirBnB, they will remove what you need removed.