edit my review response to a guest

Julie61
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

edit my review response to a guest

Why cant I edit a review I wrote as a response to my guest review?  Both reviews have been written, but I want to tweak my response a bit.

these are th instructions given, but I dont have the option to edit: 

Editing a review

After writing a review, if your host or guest didn't complete their review yet, you can edit your review for up to 48 hours, or until your host or guest completes their review. You can edit a review at Edit Profile > Reviews > Reviews by You > Edit.

38 Replies 38
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Julie61 You answered your own question...once both reviews are submitted, you can't edit your review.  You can respond to a review but not edit the original one.  🙂

It's bad that I can't edit my response to a review.

I didn't realise the response to a review is public.

There is no reason to restrict this requirement except lazy website design.

Yasmin3
Level 1
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom

I agree, this is a very annoying aspect to the system as reviews form a very important part to customers decisions. I wish I did not respond at all now.

Agreed as well, when you write a response if should be such that you may edit it. My response was written in response to a private email, not the review, so it doesn't even make sense to have it under the review and will completely confuse others.

Yasmin3
Level 1
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom

Aparently if you phone airbnb they can change it....good luck!

How do we phone Airbnb?

I just did (called) and they can't.  I have a typo and a gramatical error in mine (I was a little hasty and a little ticked when I wrote it ... lol ).  When people are glancing over these things no one will likely notice.  I feel sorry for anyone who wrote something, believing it was private, and then being surprised later. 

I'm an IT guy; I think, at the very least, there should be a several hour window where the response to a review be available to edit.

Marilyn43
Level 10
Back Valley, Australia

Agreed Heather. I find myself in the same situation. When responding to the private message the response goes public, unnecessarily. Then it can't be removed.

I had same problem.  I got unjustifiably slammeds with a harsh review filled with lies. I responded to what seemed like a private repsonse and it went to public? so weird. my response was not appropriate necessarily for public view, but absolutely necessary to the folks that wrote the review. they needed to be corrected and called out for the lies.  if you found out an answer to this, please let me know..

*i could have sworn it said to leave a private response? did you think the same thing?

I clearly warns you  that the response will be publicly shown underneath the guests review.

Alex592
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Totally agreed. Review are not 100% because the guest may be unhappy about your offer price and they just give bad feedback in purpose.

Then those good reviews can be those who think that the host gave what they demands.

So, I realized that problem with the feedback cannot be accepted at times.

completely agree. please update this function. I don't need a type-o up there.

Ugh. I just did the same thing - responsed to a private message and it was posted as my public response to a review. I emailed Airbnb about it - hopefully they will take it down. 

Did they eventually take it down? I'm having this same issue.