editing co-host payout

Virginia9
Level 7
Montego Bay, Jamaica

editing co-host payout

how can I edit the co-host payout? I want to both remove "pay cleaning fee to co-host" option and change the percentages. I see no option to do this . . .

33 Replies 33
Virginia9
Level 7
Montego Bay, Jamaica

UPDATE: Co-host payments can only be edited by going to into your listing and at the bottom of the left hand side (when not viewing calender); selecting Management/Co-hosts/Turn off shared earnings. Turn it off, then go back in and turn it on again, and entering the new information (ex: new % or turn-on, leave off pay cleaning fees to co-host).

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear an update on this @Virginia9, thanks for sharing this information with the rest of the community here - I am sure this will be really helpful to others 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Is that still there? I can't seem to find it.

Thank you very much! That was super helpful! 

Is there any way to reverse the payout to the co-host?  Accidentally left the co-host on when host was taking care of the guests.

!

@Virginia9wrote:

UPDATE: Co-host payments can only be edited by going to into your listing and at the bottom of the left hand side (when not viewing calender); selecting Management/Co-hosts/Turn off shared earnings. Turn it off, then go back in and turn it on again, and entering the new information (ex: new % or turn-on, leave off pay cleaning fees to co-host).

Thank you!

Did they change their UI? I can't spot this at all. 

Ahh. Thanks for this! I couldn't figure out how to make this change, either. 

How did you manage to do this? I am trying to remove the shared earnings aswell. I am the co host and trying to remove shared earnings and cant seem to do it.

Mamun1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am not getting the managment tab to edit. Can anyone help please?

Ember0
Level 1
Ann Arbor, MI

My problem is that you're only allowed to have one other co-host. This is a problem for my 3 bedroom apartment! Hopefully that's a change made in the future - not something I caught right away when trying to change the shared earnings.

Kyle81
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

I also have multiple co-hosts, as AirBnB allows up to 3 co-hosts per listing.  The problem is that I want to pay a percentage to Jim and a percentage to Missy, which makes sense...both work on the property, and both should earn. However, AirBnB's website only allows payout to 1 co-host...The customer service team told me and my co-host (in separate calls with separate representatives) that we SHOULD be allowed to do split payouts to multiple co-hosts...but that the website just "doesn't allow for this."  This concern was elevated to the customer support team ("highly urgent") but has been about 5 days since that happened, and still no movement on a fix.

Here's why it doesn't work to "just PayPal one of the whatever he/she earns"...Taxes. Why do I get taxed on earnings that I'm not actually earning? I hope AirBnB fixes this soon.

I completely agree! I had two co-hosts but was only allowed to directly pay one through air bnb, while venmo my other cohost. I'm also worried about taxes! I don't want to get taxed on the money that didn't go to me. 

Deborah286
Level 2
Haarlem, Netherlands

Thanks for giving instructions on how to do this, but they don't seem to apply anymore. I've been going round and round in circles trying to find the page where I can change the co-hosting percentage. Can anyone give me recent info on this? I've gone into Manage my Listing, but from there I can't find anything that leads me to the correct place. I need to fix this quickly, or my co-host will be taxable for more money than we've agreed she should be paid.