editing co-host payout

Virginia9
Level 7
Montego Bay, Jamaica

editing co-host payout

how can I edit the co-host payout? I want to both remove "pay cleaning fee to co-host" option and change the percentages. I see no option to do this . . .

33 Replies 33

I've now found out how to do this: go to dashboard (in the bar at the top of the page), then find where your co-host accepted your invitation in Notifications and click on View, click on Turn Off Shared Earnings and put in the new amount and click Submit. All done!

I've now found out how to do this: go to dashboard (in the bar at the top of the page), then find where your co-host accepted your invitation in Notifications and click on View, click on Turn Off Shared Earnings and put in the new amount and click Submit. All done!

Hi Deborah, thanks for this info that I came across in my search about how to edit the shared earnings witIh my co-host.  I've just tried to do what you've described but the old notifications aren't showing on my dashboard.  Do you know if it's possible to go into the notifications history somewhere?

n movI think it might've been moved to here, but I haven't gone through the process: https://www.airbnb.com/users/payout_preferences

Still looking to change co-host split

the payout ‘change’ is not listed ..HELP!

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Update from me - I've found where I can click on 'turn off shared earnings', I go through the steps, but it doesn't seem to be turning it off!!

Jennie0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Problem solved! Just took a while to show up on the page - I had to refresh the page first to see that it had actually turned off shared earnings.  From then on it was easy to re-enter the new percentage.

Missy11
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

'Where did you find the "turn off shared earnings"?

@Missy11 Go to your listing page and at the bottom of the left hand side (when not viewing calendar); select Management; then Co-hosts and you should see "Turn off shared earnings" unless it has changed.

Suzanne321
Level 2
New Westminster, Canada

FYI:  Splitting of fees with the cohost and directing the cleaning fee to the cohost have been removed as options as of Aug 1, 2018.  Here is the reply from support on my inquiry.  

We recently announced that we're removing the co-host split payout feature as of August 1. We understand this may impact how some of you do business, so we want to give you background on why this change was made, along with some suggestions for how you can get paid now.

When we originally added the split payout feature, the co-hosting program was much smaller. But as the community grew, we realized the feature was no longer addressing all the needs of hosts and co-hosts or meeting our internal reliability standards. We know this feature is important to certain co-hosts and will keep you posted as we work on a new one and continue to improve the co-hosting program.

For now, here are some other payment options to consider with your host:

Hosts can split guest payment with you in their account settings. They will need your permission and account details, as well as the agreed payout percentage.

Explore alternate payment methods outside of Airbnb, such as secure online payment apps, bank transfers, checks, or cash.

We sincerely apologize for any challenges this change may introduce and hope this gives you some context and takeaways. Thank you for co-hosting—and being a part of the global host community.
—Lucas

Suzanne Darnell, Mind Matters Wellness

Are you kidding me that one of your ideas is for hosts to "Explore alternate payment methods outside of Airbnb" that means the host is taxed on money they don't actually get to keep and goes against the Airbnb policy of exchanging money outside of Airbnb.  I hope you fix this fast!

Suzanne321
Level 2
New Westminster, Canada

Agreed!  I’m not sure why they made this decision but my guess is that with Airbnb getting involved in collecting taxes and submitting them to government agencies that they only want to do this on behalf of the Host and not on behalf of the cohost etc.  But it’s a guess as I didn’t see any communication on this. I only got this info from them because I sent in a query.

Elizabeth899
Level 1
San Bernardino, CA

Hi there,

I am new here. I am trying to redirect the cleaning fee to go to my co-host but i do not see the option anymore. 

Hi Elizabeth, It is gone as of Aug 1st.  The only thing you can do is split payout but that is a % of total paid out only.  See my earlier post on this thread to read the reply to this question when I contacted customer support.  

Hello Suzanne, could you tell me how I can do this %-based split payout ? I've been looking everywhere but cannot seem to find it... Thank you!