evaluation of damage to objects that however justify no replacement

Judith107
Level 6
Ernzen, Germany

evaluation of damage to objects that however justify no replacement

Hi,

I've had two groups of guests in a row, damaging stuff.

The first group broke the shower bar so I will just ask them to pay whatever the handyman asks for.

The second group however did quite bad damage to things that cannot be replaced that easily:

- a burn mark in the wooden floor in the living room and one in the brandnew couch

- they clipped my sofa blanket into the roofwindow while it was raining and now a) the blanket is soaked and has oil/dirt stains, b) the wooden frame of the window as well as the wallpaper underneath said window are soaked with water which will at least leave bad stains...I'm not sure these things are bad enough to replace all the objects but still I want a compensation for those damages...if 5 groups do such damage and I can never ask for a compensation, I still need to buy a new sofa, have a professional redo the wallpaper etc...

How much can I ask for?

Can anyone tell me how to evaluate damages to objects that do not justify replacement?

Thank you so much in advance and happy new year!

Judith

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Judith107

Assuming the Guests are willing to pay something just take the most they will pay.

David

Funnily the second guests have now paid what I suggested but the first guests deny having broken the shower bar while admitting all the other things that I cannot ask money for (pathway covered in cigarettes, using my shower gel, deodorant etc, condoms in the living room, eating my food, vomit on several toilets...)

I am so angry I think of not renting my house anymore.