extra guests have arrived at our cottage greater then on the reservation

Gary287
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

extra guests have arrived at our cottage greater then on the reservation

I have some Blink Security cameras setup at our rental cottage. Not only is this listed in the description, but I've put stickers on our doors that say the premises are protected by security cameras. Recent guests that are staying with us now, have brought a dog which we only allow if they pay extra for, and there seems to be a lot more people at our cottage then was on the original reservation. We charge extra for any more than 6 people. Do I confront the guests with my security camera footage, or write to Airbnb? I'm not really sure how to handle this, and I'm getting really pissed off that people keep doing this, and thus the reason for the Security cameras, which I've found invaluable when people are checking in. 

15 Replies 15

@Gary287, and herein lies the problem for us hosts. It seems we are terrified to say anything for fear of falling below 4.7. In these cases, when there is blatant violation of rules, AirBnb needs to step up to the plate for us hosts, but from what I hear it won't be so easy to get a possible negative review removed when and if you confront the guests about the violations.