find out guest email address

find out guest email address

I need my guests email address, when I click on "email" it tries to open outlook which for some reason can't get set up with my gmail account.  Is there a way to just find out the guest email address?  I can then copy and paste or just write it down to send them my own email.  Thanks for the help.

6 Replies 6
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Deb4

You can't get the exact email (I think) of the guest but you can get Airbnb's hidden email address and probably copy and paste that into Outlook.  Go to where it says, ""Contact by email" on the itinerary or upcoming reservations and then right click and choose "copy email address".  You could paste that into Outlook and it might send to the proper person.  I am just guessing though.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Click the guest's inbox message, from there on the left marginal side, just below the About This Guest section you can find their airbnb-email. 

Jesús-And-Sara0
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

There is a difference between the computer version and the mobile version in Airbnb. In the computer version, the guest email address made by Airbnb appears directly under "email guest" and can be easily copy-pasted, whereas in the mobile version there is no short cut: it takes you directly to your email provider. I wonder how I can copy+paste the guest's email address in the mobile version. Any insights would be appreciated.

@Jesús-And-Sara0  I don't use the mobile app, so can't give you any advice on that, but while I know everyone is into doing everything on a computer or touch screen these days, it's also possible to simply write down (with a pen and a piece of paper!) the coded email address Airbnb assigns and then fill it into the address field when you compose an email. Or does the coded email address not even appear in the app version?

The email address doesn't show in the App. There is only a link for "Email guest", which when clicked automatically opens your Email account. There, the email address shows only partially and it is so complex and long that it would be hard to fully trust what you write on paper (and it is inefficient). I also think there is some bug that prevents you from copy+pasting the email address. 

I manage it well with the Airbnb computer site, but it is simply not possible to do with the mobile version.

@Jesús-And-Sara0  Although i only use the desktop version,, even that I find to be problematic. I can cut and paste that email address, but if I click on "Email guest" it takes me to taht box you mention, tells me to enter my email address, when I do, it says that address is already on file, but then it doesn't go anywhere.

In any case, I have always written down the guest's phone number and coded email address when I get a booking, which has proven to be invaluable a couple of times when the site was down and I wouldn't have been able to access that information and get in touch with my guest if I didn't have it on paper. As inefficient as you may find it, it takes all of 15 seconds to write that info down. Yes, the coded email address is long-16 numbers and letters, to be exact, but I don't get what you mean about not fully trusting what you write on paper. I write it down, then check to make sure I've copied it correctly. Like I said, it takes all of 15 seconds.