finding the URL for tripadvisor calendar

Sandra32
Level 1
Durham, United Kingdom

finding the URL for tripadvisor calendar

Hi! Im trying to import my Tripadvisor calendar.... I understand what I need to do in airbnb but I don't know how to get the URL from tripadvisor...... anyone have any ideas?

30 Replies 30
Xochi0
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Trying to find this as well!

Julian9
Level 2
Montreux, Switzerland

I tried the same and tripadvisor made clear that exporting the calendar is not possible.

Since its technically very easy to do this (after all, AirBnB can do it) I personally suspect that tripadvisor has decided to block this option for commercial reasons, to force you to prioritize bookings via tripadvisor and not its competitors.

It will leade to double bookings and dissatisfied owners and customers its unfortunate because I feel it will drive more owners and customers to choose sites like AirBnB for the increased flexibility it allows.

This has happened to me just now!

Cindy45
Level 2
Lagos, Portugal

Im trying to do the same but tripadvisor dont seem to want you to do it, all i found is you have to write to tripadvisor and ask their permission to download.

Clare27
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi Sandra,

I cant seem to view the answer you got to this question... if you did find out how to do this would you mind sharing the information with me please?

Many thanks

Clare

Hi Sandra - yes I too am hunting this down to add to trip advisor calander. I did see somewhere it can be found on the box with the arrow ( next to the heart ) so after looking at all options there I pressed copy link and added it but trip advisor say this is incorrect. I have today rang the uk airbnb phone number and they are now informing me they will try and help. I am at the end of my tether as been about a week now fiddling around trying to sync this. If u have any info Id be grateful. thanks Annette ( Island view cabin Tenby)

Diana101
Level 2
Portugal

Got this reply from TripAdvisor:

"I understand that you want to sync the TripAdvisor calendar with Airbnb.

Please be informed that you cannot export the TripAdvisor calendar with a third party website. However, you can import other calendar.

I request you to block the dates on your third party calendar if you have any confirmed booking on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Hi Diana - did u have any luck syncing the trip advisor and airbnb calenders ? Im trying the find the correct url for my property but so far no joy. 

Yours hopefully.

Annette ( Island view cabin Tenby, S.Wales, Pembrokeshire ) 

Juelis0
Level 2
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

That's really unfair and almost makes me want to not use them. I barely get any inquiries and solid bookings from them anyways. 

I stopped using TripAdvisor Flipkey because they don't want to play nice with their calendar. I had two bookings last year that were mistakenly not blocked off on airbnb and got double booked. They wanted to blame me and charge me for cancelling their bookings. So I unlisted from TripAdvisor until such a time when they decide to play nice again. airbnb has the best bookings, and the highest quality listing tools. I also had to put VRBO/Homeaway on timeout until about a year ago when they brought back two-way calendar sync. Now we get some bookings there too... but nothing like airbnb.

Very frustrating whats the problem with airbnb simply allowing us access to the URL ??

have stopped using trip advisor too they charge too much commission !! Screwing the golden goose i reckon !

Please tell me who you are now using with lower commissions

Hi

I thought my TripAdviser calendar was linked to my Other calendars until I realised that I had accidentally double booked a London apartment ,

it cost £290 to compensate for 1 lost night I was lucky in that I had another apartment to give them

Hi, 

Same problem here. As i am getting more bookings through Airbnb and Booking (both allow import and export calendars) I think personally that Tripadviser is shooting themselves in a foot. Shame. 

Regards,

Natalia