getting in contact with someone at airbnb

Laurain1
Level 2
Maidstone, United Kingdom

getting in contact with someone at airbnb

I had guests stay that destroyed 3 towels and when I asked them to pay for them they refused so I referred to Airbnb who made a decision but I have no idea what it was and have not seem the money for replacement towels I am seriously thinking of removing my properties from there site this was a small claim, what if it was something expensive.

4 Replies 4
Jarg0
Level 10
Bad Zwischenahn, Germany

You are free to leave and find a better portal....

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Laurain1 towels get destroyed all the time, linens also, that is just one thing you need to learn how to deal with. People that file claims for expensive things get the attention they need, they might not get all the money they request but they will at least get a percentage of that. A claim for towels is unnecesary in my opinion. You can just go and buy a new ones since they are unexpencive and will get destroyed again. All of this comes with hosting and it is the same on every platform.

@Laurain1   You should have recieved an email from Airbnb, try contacting them https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245 , the time-frame is very slim before they close the case.  Best thing to do is get your own insurance (N.B. the host guarantee is not insurance) and for future, to address destruction of small items and maintenance etc. factor it into  'cost of doing business' and up your price accordingly.  It's tough to impossible to get reimbursed from airbnb,  even a security deposit doesn't help  if the guest refuses to take responsibility.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"... I am seriously thinking of removing my properties from there site this was a small claim, what if it was something expensive. "

There will be something more expensive sooner or later, so yes you are correct to be thinking of leaving and best to go where they have a true deposit system, which Airbnb does not.  May I suggest VRBO.