guest cancel the reservation and has requested a refund

Marios1
Level 2
Kato Korakiana, Greece

guest cancel the reservation and has requested a refund

hello to all!

hope you are good! I need your help. The guest would like to cancel the reservation and she has requested the total amount to refund due to illness of her partner. My question is if i refund to her the amount, will i get charged anything? Or she will refund the amount from airbnb?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Marios

6 Replies 6
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi

You should not get charged anything. The guest may be charged, depending on your cancelation policy and how far in advance they are canceling.

You do not start the process. Ask the guest to go to the reservation, click on "Modify or cancel reservation", and they should hit "Cancel"

You will then receive a prompt to accept it (or not). Up to you.

Marios1
Level 2
Kato Korakiana, Greece

Hello and thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

the guest has already cancel the reservation and she has requested a refund. I do not have problem to refund her money. But i am asking if i will get charged anything

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Marios1

There is nothing to refund - airbnb handles all that.  When a guest cancels, they are refunded automatically according to your cancellation policy. 

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Marios1 Hi, you are not charged if the guest cancels.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Just make sure that you charge your guests for last minute cancellations

Rebecca371
Level 2
Woodland Hills, UT

I think I might have been scammed. First the guest reserved a night and then canceled and I agreed to a refund. Then a day later they asked for a refund of the reserfvation through the resolution center and I approved that.

They no longer show on my calendar and their refund is being taken out of my next payment. DId they get refunded  twice?