guest wishing to change length of stay

Liz276
Level 2
Saint-Victor, France

guest wishing to change length of stay

My guest booked for a month. He has a job in our town and is looking for somewhere permanent to live, but wanted to stay at mine for a month while he looked. Now a week before he's due, he has found somewhere to live and wants to shorten the stay to two weeks. I have a strict cancellation policy, but I know how hard it is to find rented accommodation in our town, and want to help. We agreed that he'd pay the full price (much reduced for a month anyway) and not alter his stay on the site so as not to incur the penalty payments. But I'd like to modify my calendar to make those last two weeks available now, is there any way I can do this???

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

You'll not be able to tinker with the calendar unless the reservation is altered, @Liz276. But that is something you don't want to do. The only other option is to create a brand new listing for that time, or list somewhere else.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Liz276

You can alter the reservation and free those two weeks if your guest agree.  As he has agreed to pay for the full month, he may not see your point, but you are of course free to make any sort of agreement with your guest.  

Thanks, but when I tried to change the booking, there would have been an extra $50 added by Airbnb. I know this is to protect me, but I don't want to penalise the guest. The same thing happened last year when a long stay guest left a couple of weeks early, with my full agreement, and ended up having to pay more, which I found most unfair.