guests behaved like pigs

Kato0
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

guests behaved like pigs

HI,

I had 2 girls from prague over here with very! good reviews.

when i came home, there were stains on the wall, the bad, ashes in the flowers (houserules: no smoking and take care of plants), 10 alcoholic bottles by the trash, broken glasses in the cupboard, they moves around furniture, posters and statues...and SO ON:

I wrote a very mild review,

after all, cause on the 1st impression it was wild, but I was willing to be easy. few days later I discovered more and more of their **bleep**. I wrote to her and send her pics.

no reaction.

airbnb as always out of everything.

what do i do??? i'm SO angry

6 Replies 6

Make sure you charge a security deposit and cleaning fee. If you already do, then take photos and open a dispute against the security policy before the next guests check-in.

In the review, you can have a mild comment but give them low star ratings and also list everything in the second page that they don't see as well as give them a thumbs down so they can't instant book anymore.

Supposedly these start ratings are going to be made available to hosts on the futures. In some markets they can see them already.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did you make a claim against the Airbnb for any damage. If not do it now. I believe you need to do this within 14 days.

Never write a review straight away always wait until you have checked the place out properly.

Claire799
Level 1
Warton, United Kingdom

What a wise reply. I had a terrble situation one week ago. 2 couples left great review and I left them a reasonable non commital one. When I went to do the clean I found candles in the bedroom bin, heating turned up to 28 degrees C. A dishwasher that had been stacked so high that neither paddles would turn and the soap tablet wouldnt catapult out of the holder, food left everywhere....etc etc.

I sent him a message and got a very threatening reply. I would really like to warn any host off this person

We too have had a threatening reply.

But, it was from a host, after we had to write a poor review about his place.

We reported it to Airbnb.

They contacted the person via their site & cc'd us on the communications.

They instructed him if he didn't stop the verbal abuse & if anyone ever complained about him in the future, they would kick him out of Airbnb.

He immediately stopped communicating with us.

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Kato0 So sorry to hear this. As mentioned before, a deposit is very important in these situations. Although hopefully you won't run into this issue again. I let my guests know that I try my very best to meet them in-person at the beginning and end of their stays. This may stimulate some accountability towards the house rules. It's not always possible, but if you can see them off you'll have an opportunity to point out any damages.

Daniel

Gigi84
Level 3
Parañaque, Philippines

I used to be more polite writing reviews for guests because I don’t want any retaliation (wherher online or physical). After all, they have been to your property. But the recent Airbandb policies in hosting —preference for instant books, not being able to see the info of those requesting to book until a booking has been made, not being able to cancel because you will not be a superhost for a year if you do so—- opened our homes amdvproperties to guests who don’t even know the Airbandb rules. They don’t read our house manual, our listing details and more importantly, the rules for staying in our property. In a soan of a month, I had damages to my property one after the other.  Starting a claim whether with the guest or airbandb will be an onerous process. We should provide honest reviews to warn hosts about guests but more importantly, Airbandb should sanction those guests with negative reviews.