guests took my key

Rinat1
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

guests took my key

Hi, I'm a new host and my guests took the key with them by mistake, they promise to send it soon but I have only 2 days to take the deposie in case they wouldnt send it.

How can I contact airbnb that I want the deposite money will stay for one week until I get the key...

Thank you!

Rinat. 

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Rinat1 

AirBnB won't hold on to a deposit 'just in case'

You either have to trust your guest that they will do as they say, or raise a claim now for new keys, locks etc.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Just open a claim to have the guest pay for new keys and a lock. Having a "promise" that they will send it back isn't the same as they have a shipping receipt as proof that they sent it. If they are traveling or in another country its safe to say the key is gone or it could be weeks until they mail it.

Our guest took our key card too! she kind of ignore our text about the key, she replied but not the key matter. What can we do?

Lyn-and-Gavin0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

@Rinat1 Why don't you tell them you are going to use security deposit to deduct costs but tell them you will refund when you get the keys returned (if they are received in next 3/4 days etc.)  That way - you are more likely to get them reurned and quicker?   I have seen on this forum that many guests promise but do not return them.