guidebook ignores categories

guidebook ignores categories

I've been referring my guests to the guidebook never knowing what it looked like from the guests' perspective. Now I've realized they have no option to view it as a list the way I see it as a host. So when I try to print it for them Airbnb completely ignores all the categories (restaurants, entertainment, essentials, etc.). It lists them all under "other".

And this applies to the map as well. The only way guests can see my guidebook locations is by moving around the map on my listings. And even then the locations have all been stripped of their categories. They are all displayed with the "other" heading and pin.

The guidebook is useless as is and needs to be addressed.

6 Replies 6
Chas2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yes.  You're right. I've complained about this.

There's a glitch. Your guidebook is being used to compile the "top 30" guidebook and it has destroyed the guidebook function.

Makes it useless.

Airbnb don't care.

Susan234
Level 3
Asheville, NC

I don't use the guidebook. I have developed my own and use links.
Susan234
Level 3
Asheville, NC

I don't use the guidebook. I have developed my own and use links. I send them my recommendation list with links when they book.
Adam122
Level 2
Hobart, Australia

Fantastic. I've just spent about 3 hours creating a very comprehensive guidebook (to go with the one I already did and printed manually) and found exactly the same issue. What a waste of time.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Making the guidebook really useful is something that has been mentioned quite often in the forum, @Trevor19, but the forum is not where changes get made. I took a look in Host Voice (under Discuss at the top of this page), and found a few entries for "guidebook", but nothing getting much traction in the way of thumbs up and comments. Nothing that is clearly saying "make it useful!"

So if you feel strongly about this, take it there and see what happens. I agree with you. I would love to see the guidebook work well. I would love not to have to heavily reformat it to print it for my binder. It isn't high priority for me, but it would make things easier, would help out the local businesses here, etc.

So I will happily give your post a thumbs up in Host Voice, where, hopefully, it will make a difference!

Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

I wish that I had seen this before I created and recreated a comprehensive guidebook! Looks great when I am inputting the places and categories and defaults all to the other category. Grrr. I will try to make my very own guidebook outside of airbnb.