hello

Jean5252
Level 1
Inverness, United Kingdom

hello

Can someone tel me how I know when a reservation has been placed? I'm new to this.

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Welcome to Air BNB hosting, @Jean5252 .  I see your listiing and you have set up a private bedroom.  I also have a private room and have been hosting for almost 6 years.  If you are set up to allow Instant Booking, you will receive an email with the reservation information.  You might also receive messages from potential guests asking questions but until the reservation confirmation email, there is no booking.  Hope you take time to review all your listing edits to ensure you have what you want.  Good luck and I am very glad you are joining the community forum.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Jean5252 Make sure you have notifications turned on, then you get a message/'ping'  to your phone. I don't have a smartphone, so I was amazed when I started to get this 'ping' & SMS message to my phone the first time someone booked! It was switched on by default, I was glad to find!

For full details of bookings go to your dashboard (home).

Unfortunately Airbnb has revamped the dashboard for the worst, you used to get a clear list of all your bookings, - now, you just get today, tomorrow, & next 7 days 😞 

So to see beyond the next 7 days, click the 'calendar' tab on the dashboard. Then you'll need to scroll thru several months, if someone's booked MONTHS ahead... It used to be SO simple - a long list of all bookings on the dashboard.

OR - You can go to your 'inbox' - and see a message from your first guest!

OR - Click the 'Reservations' tab top of dashboard, then look under 'Upcoming'