holiday pricing

holiday pricing

can somebody please tell me how to raise the rates on holiday weekends?

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Clinton50  Go to your calendar and highlight the dates you want to price manually.  If SmartPricing is on, turn it off.  In the box, enter the price you want for those dates.

Do this for each holiday you would like to price manually.  I've already done this for the 4th of July and Labor Day weekends next year.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ann72 Can you confirm that you can't have both smart pricing on for other dates and your own price for  holiday weekends etc.

This, or the ability to set a different base price for smart pricing on holidays etc. would be really useful.

I never cease to be amazed that the Airbnb price tips do not recognise even the big holidays in the UK such as Christmas. All the more reason to ignore them.

@Mike-And-Jane0  No, you can have both Smart Pricing and your own prices.  What you can't have is both Smart Pricing and Rule Sets about pricing.

Price Tips, which I haven't seen for awhile, are not the same as Smart Pricing.  

Smart Pricing doesn't recognize those holidays here, either.  It's more concerned with raising prices for farther-away dates and dropping them for closer dates.  That's why it's important to make the minimum what you would normally charge for the place, not what they suggest.

The host who uses the Airbnb suggested minimum for Smart Pricing is actually using something called Stupid Pricing.  Sometimes known as Sucker Pricing.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ann72 I realise if @Catherine-Powell and Airbnb realise just how damaging the stupid price suggestions are for their business. I am sure many 'suckers' that have used the price tips have given up on Airbnb due to their revenues being too low.

Thanks for your answer by the way - I clearly want my cake and to eat it by hoping I could set a different smart pricing base price at different times of year. If only the website developers did something useful like this rather than the random dissimprovements they often come up with.

We just got a request for 29 days which included Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had increase the prices during that time but Airbnb quoted our lowest price. Is there a way around that?