host are considered only as a cash cow

Marco1436
Level 2
Velate, Italy

host are considered only as a cash cow

This is Ricardo with Airbnb Resolutions Team and I hope this message finds you well.

I'm contacting you as your guest Katarina requested Airbnb's mediation n her resolucion center to you :
We have reviewed all the information related to this reservation and your listing and when the reservation was created on July 28th at 10:26 PM you listing Sunset Apartment Fully AC had the amenity Wi FI set.
When a guest targets an amenity on a search and the listing does not provide it, we are force to refund the guest per affected night.
As per your ocnversation with your guest on the message thread, you clearly state that there was no wi fi as this amenity was removed after the reservation was created.
Being this said, weh have issued your guest a refund of € 201.15 and will deducted from future payouts.
I wanted to take this opportunity to encourage you to check out our hosting standards, a set of guidelines to ensure guests have a positive and consistent travel experience with each Airbnb reservation.

Marco21:30
This is your own decision I will proceed immediately to delist all the apartments that I manage on airbnb ( about 20 apartments ) there will be for sure other channels that do not threat the host the way like you did
the guest has also said that the apartment has two bedrooms because she was thinking to have booked another apartment that I manage so you are considering only the way to defend your client and you show with your own decision that I can't consider airbnb a partner since there will continue to be person like you
I will show on all my contacts the way you are threating the host
Best regards Marco .
12 Replies 12
Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Marco1436  So what was wrong with Wi-Fi?

Marco1436
Level 2
Velate, Italy

the internet provider does not provide the service for a problem with modem 

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Marco1436   Marco, your listing is a little strange. You have very beautiful objects to manage, and many of them are rated very low.  Perhaps there are a lot of objects and you can not pay full attention to each of them, but Wi-Fi, if it is declared, is an absolute necessity in our time, for me it would be a really serious problem, because I am always at work.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marco1436 

I looked at the listing and the reviews:

The listing is mentioning 1 bedroom with one double bed.

However it says in the text .

This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Monterosso al Mare, Karinas House offers self-catering accommodation with a balcony and free WiFi. The accommodation is 39 km from Portofino.The apartment is fitted with 2 bedrooms and a fully fitted kitchen with an oven and a fridge. A flat-screen TV is offered.The apartment offers a sun terrace. La Spezia is 15 km from Karinas House. The nearest airport is Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport.
Codice CITRA: 011019-LT-0243

This text leads to confusion...

WiFi is not on the amenities (anymore).

But if it was (as the guest also states in her review), then IMO it is an important amenity and many guests would not be pleased if it was not available.

I wondered what percentage the refund is from the original booking, assuming it is not a full refund.

(Your review mentions she demanded 50%, but that was about the "missing bedroom".)

Best regards,

Emiel

Hello the book was made by the customer  on sunset apartment ( apartment with one bedroom ) and not karina house  (apartment  that has two bedrooms) so 50 % of refund because the wifi does not work is a robbery  

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marco1436 

I looked at Sunset appartment, Katarina's review is on it also:!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/35670797

this is the apartment that was booked 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Marco1436 I see you haven't delisted the other apartments even though an hour has passed since you were going to do it immediately.

I can only assume you have realised that a partial refund is fair if a really significant amenity is missing

Marco1436
Level 2
Velate, Italy

**[Inappropriate comment removed - Community Center Guidelines]

@Marco1436   If you are on a site where you came for moral support and communicate like THIS, then I feel sorry for your guests. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marco1436  Your tone here is extremely rude and aggressive- you say Airbb doesn't care about hosts, but these other hosts are taking time to respond to your post and you disrespect them?

Yes, occasionally there are amenities a host has listed, which for some reason become unavailable before the guest's arrival. In that case, it is up to the host to message the guest before arrival to explain the situation and give the guest a opportunity to cancel, with full refund, if the lack of that amenity isn't acceptable to them. Or to offer some discount or refund if the guest still wants to stay.

To simply have a guest arrive to find that one of the amenities they said were there isn't, and expect them to be okay with that, is quite unprofessional. While Airbnb CS reps often make terrible, unfair decisions, in this case, they were sticking to Airbnb's stated policy and what it would be a reasonable response in most host's minds.

If a guest were to involve Airbnb and demand a refund for something like missing shampoo, I'd consider that very scammy and petty, after all, the guest can just go to the store and buy some shampoo for a couple of bucks, but missing Wifi, when a guest may be dependent on it, isn't the same at all.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

There are times that I wish I was running Airbnb, this is one of them.