host rental during covid19 era

host rental during covid19 era

Hi all,

I'm new as a host on AirBnB en was wondering what policies you all are using.

As for now my cancelation policy is set on strict but I've had a lot of people asking questions if they can't travel due to covid19 .

I do not want to offer all my spots during the summer( primetime for my location ) and get a lot of cancelations after this. How does everybody else copes with this?

Is there a possibility for the renters if they can not travel to change the reservation to another date, or does somebody have any ideas?

Kind regards,

Sam

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sam4179 

The guest (or the host) can change the dates of a reservation by using the "change" option.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sam4179  I tell people I can't change my strict policy, so they should book only when they're 100% sure they'll be able to travel.  You need to be confident that you'll get bookings - because you will.  

As for the cancellations I got last year, I told guests that if I was able to re-book the days, I'd refund them accordingly.  As it turns out I re-booked every single vacated date, so every guest was refunded in full.

Thanks for you advise, really helpful!

Sam

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb will refund guests in full if they can't travel or you can't host because of gov lock down restrictions regardless of your policy @Sam4179 

do have a look through their information around this on their website . Covid extenuating circumstances @Sam4179